+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Snake Oil Machine

I'm David.

Default The Snake Oil Machine

gutwire ground.jpg

I'm surprised at the normally respected Hi Fi World for publishing this with a complete lack of scientific scrutiny. I'll bet it plays havoc with earth lift systems-if it isn't some crude attempt at retrofitting one.......

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Nothing that one couldn't do for about £5 or less!

But if you think that is 'snake oil', check out the Entreq 'grounding boxes': http://www.lotushifi.co.uk/portfolio...ounding-boxes/. Looks like they are little more than a wooden box filled with coal.
    Barry

I'm Martin.

Mags review what they think the punters want to read about I suppose.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by AD Audio View Post
    gutwire ground.jpg

I'm surprised at the normally respected Hi Fi World for publishing this with a complete lack of scientific scrutiny. I'll bet it plays havoc with earth lift systems-if it isn't some crude attempt at retrofitting one.......
    Have you tried it ? I doubt it, so this is another take the piss of what we haven't tried type of thread. Frankly I am getting tired of these. Just once it would make a refreshing change to read a post and thread where someone has actually tried, heard the source of their derision.
    Regards Neil

I'm Hugh.

I'm afraid that Hi-Fi and scientific scrutiny are uncomfortable bedfellows. Religious belief would be a better fit.

(see above post).

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Have you tried it ? I doubt it, so this is another take the piss of what we haven't tried type of thread. Frankly I am getting tired of these. Just once it would make a refreshing change to read a post and thread where someone has actually tried, heard the source of their derision.
    But where do we draw the line? If someone posts that placing a banana on top of your pre-amp improves sound-staging do we have to try it before we can say it doesn't? How silly does it have to get? If we can establish that now then it will save any bother in the future.
    Current Lash Up:

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    What this cable is doing is connecting the signal earth (at a point somewhere along the signal path) to the mains earth. I can well believe it could have an audible effect, depending on the equipment it is used with. And those audible effects may, or may not be beneficial and an improvement.

My complaint is not that it might produce audible benefits, rather that one can make up a cable that will do the same for a lot less than the £300 to £700 asked. I don't believe there is anything special about any of the component parts: the 13A plug, the RCA plug, or the cable that connects between them.
    Barry

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post

My complaint is not that it might produce audible benefits, rather that one can make up a cable that will do the same for a lot less than the £300 to £700 asked. I don't believe there is anything special about any of the component parts: the 13A plug, the RCA plug, or the cable that connects between them.

Not so. In actual fact The Wall-Plug is upgraded with Bincho-Tan, a form of Ubame oak charcoal from Japan which absorbs EMI and RF as well as emitting negative ions. This results in a drastic overall reduction in noise and a huge improvement in soundstaging, imaging and purity of tone.

Without the Bincho-Tan you've got nothing.
    Current Lash Up:

Would a 6B graphite pencil be just as good?
    Barry

I'm Martin.

Is it a Japanese 6B graphite pencil obtained by questing through a forest inhabited by magic ponies and Godzilla? If not then no.
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast