+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Binding posts

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    Never forget - If your binding posts don’t need to be tightened using an adjustable wrench, then they’re not chunky enough.
    Old ones certainly were, took a hacksaw to get them off the backboard. There was some sort of strange allen key arrangement to hold the wires in (no soldering & they'd left an allen key bit in one) but these allen keys had part of the thread of the bolt on them so unless the thread lined up the nuts wouldn't go over them!

I'm sorted.

Default Binding posts

Ordered some of those chinese ones, they'll be here sometime next year I think

In the meantime I got a pair of these

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Binding-P...d=302808621065

A little pricey but I needed to make sure they'd go through the back board. Fitted them today, very solid & it's nice to have the boys back in action.

I'm Alan.

I really like the look of these mundorf posts, but they cost a fortune

https://www.hificollective.co.uk/bin...ated_post.html

Alan
    Last edited by 337alant; 23-07-2018 at 20:46.
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

I'm sorted.

Just a quick update, the Chinese binding posts referenced by Alan (Firebottle) have just arrived and they’re actually better than the ones I paid a tenner for two for so if you don’t mind waiting a few more days they’re definitely the ones to go for.

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by 337alant View Post
    I really like the look of these mundorf posts, but they cost a fortune

https://www.hificollective.co.uk/bin...ated_post.html

Alan
    These look like the ones on my Krell amp. Nice! Tough as hell, no wrench needed to crank down on them. Spade only though.

Russell

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Just a quick update, the Chinese binding posts referenced by Alan (Firebottle) have just arrived and they’re actually better than the ones I paid a tenner for two for so if you don’t mind waiting a few more days they’re definitely the ones to go for.

I presently use the CMC gold plated Copper binding posts like the ones above and they are very good except that the out plastic sometimes cracks and they slip so a bit of superglue is needed to fix them

Voy 4 by Alan Towell, on Flickr

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

I'm sorted.

And thanks for the original link (the other) Alan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12