+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 119 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast

Thread: New Footie season - 2018/2019

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    it's light hearted Marco ...but i obviously hit a nerve!
    Not really, just the 'raining on someone's parade' thing. Think of it along the same lines of me just having bought a new pair of speakers, which I was over the moon about and waxing lyrical on how amazing they sounded....

....then you come along and tell me that you've heard them, and that they're really a bit crap!!

I trust you can see my point?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm alan.

I would just ban the blue nose bastard Marco.

Just kidding...........

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Not really, just the 'raining on someone's parade' thing. Think of it along the same lines of me just having bought a new pair of speakers, which I was over the moon about and waxing lyrical on how amazing they sounded....

....then you come along and tell me that you've heard them, and that they're really a bit crap!!

Marco.
    Yes, I get it, with football, at least south of the border, we josh and joust and take the piss.
    All light hearted stuff Ol' Bean.

The hifi analogy helped me see the point!
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Robin.

Ah, so you're a Greenock boy, then Robin? Nice one. I know the area well, and one of my mates is a HUGE Morton fan and season ticket holder. One of my favourite players (and his) of all time is Andy Richie.. World class he was, and should've played at a much higher level.

I seem to remember him scoring a few goals, back in the day against Rangers, when it wasn't a shock for Morton to cuff them!

Marco.
    Yes born and live in Greenock, although I’m really a Gourock boy( it’s a local thing), yes Andy Ritchie was a great player and on his day as good as anyone in the country and should have played at a higher level.
    Morton have struggled over the years and are in desperate need of a new owner with a few quid, should be interesting to see how they go with yet another new manager.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by thingfish View Post
    I would just ban the blue nose bastard Marco.

Just kidding...........
    Blue Yes, Bastard?... oh yes.. definitely!

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm joe.

Marco.
    Would it be better to lie and say they sound great? (Personally I would do just that, but then I'm naturally polite).

Yes, I get it, with football, at least south of the border, we josh and joust and take the piss.
    All light hearted stuff Ol' Bean.

The hifi analogy helped me see the point!
    Yup, so do we north of the border, as you'll have noticed with the (good-natured) banter I enjoy with our two resident Rangers fans!

However, taking the piss is only best appreciated when you *know* that the recipient 100% isn't going to take it the wrong way... It comes down to the old thing about being laughed WITH, or laughed AT One is ok, the other isn't.

Anyway, I'll bear this little 'incident' in mind for future!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Adam.

Anyway, I'll bear this little 'incident' in mind for future!

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    Yes born and live in Greenock, although I’m really a Gourock boy( it’s a local thing), yes Andy Ritchie was a great player and on his day as good as anyone in the country and should have played at a higher level.
    Morton have struggled over the years and are in desperate need of a new owner with a few quid, should be interesting to see how they go with yet another new manager.
    Ah, so you're a posh boy? Yeah, would love to see Morton back in the SPL. The Renfrewshire derby was always a good one!

Yes, I also know Gourock well. Some lovely properties there, overlooking the sea! Love it up at Kempock Point/Cardwell Bay... Is the Bluebird cafe still there in Cardwell Rd? They used to sell the best coffee and traditional Italian ice-cream I've tasted outside of Italy!

Since you're from Inverclyde then, you may know of the place in Langbank where Del and I had our wedding reception: Gleddoch House: https://gleddoch.com/

Marco.
    Main System

No, you can relax. This time there'll be no horse's head...

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 119 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast