+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast

Thread: New Footie season - 2018/2019

I'm Robin.

I think it was clear that Brendan Rogers was fazing Brown out before he left with McGregor having a different role in midfield and Ryan Christie and Forrest playing well. Of the loan players Burke seems to be finding his feet although was not used on Sunday, Weah not seen much of him, and as you say Marco Celtic seem to be keener to bring players from the Academy through to the first team, Rangers much less so.
    Rangers will need to take a long hard look at this season when it’s over, far too inconsistent, and I think that Gerrard does not know his best team, he played McCrorie on Sunday, a player I like but only comes in for certain games. Kamara will prove a good purchase and thought he would have started, watched him playing for Finland during the week and he played well. I could go through the squad player by player there are a few I would keep and hope they improve but there are too many that haven’t worked out. We could struggle over the next few weeks with the suspensions and we do need to finish second and it wood be good if Aberdeen beat Celtic and win the cup.
    As for the national team it’s clear that the current man was a mistake, we a need new approach but who would take it on it’s clear that when the manager of Northern Ireland turns the job down there is something very wrong with the set up.
    I see in the news this morning that Neil Lennon wants to build a team around Scott Brown, I think that’s a mistake but I’m now a Brown fan and never have been.
    Should be an interesting finish to the season to see who will finish second and third.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    What bit... Lol.

I will say next season may show some of the rangers players in a different light. They will either get better or just fade out of pic. I think sg needs to learn a bit more than let's go too.
    What bit? The points I made in my last post to Robin, daftee...

I agree with you about the Rangers players, talking of which Kent will find out his fate today, in terms of punishment for his shenanigans on Sunday. I predict a retrospective 2-game ban.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

Think it's easier with a fairly settled and successful team to bring kids through. Gerrard sticks with certain players for, imo no good footballing reasons. Katic is both ours and better than warrall but can't get a game as sg doesn't seem to like him. He doesn't like our left back either.

As I say next season will make or break the squad, and sg for that matter. He needs to learn to show players the right individual messages at the right times. And also stop pissing about
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    I think it was clear that Brendan Rogers was fazing Brown out before he left with McGregor having a different role in midfield and Ryan Christie and Forrest playing well. Of the loan players Burke seems to be finding his feet although was not used on Sunday, Weah not seen much of him, and as you say Marco Celtic seem to be keener to bring players from the Academy through to the first team, Rangers much less so.
    Yup, although I think Grant makes a good point about that, in terms of settled teams. I like Burke and think he brings something different to the table, in terms of his physicality and lightening pace. It would be interesting if Celtic could tempt West Brom to extend his loan period, to cover next season, as I see him as a big asset to the squad.

Weah's an excellent young player (fast, very aware and creative), but simply hasn't had enough game time to truly shine. Look out for him making an appearance on Wednesday against St Mirren, and possibly having a major influence on the outcome of that match, which incidentally I see as another difficult one for Celtic, as St Mirren are fighting for their SPL survival.

Rangers will need to take a long hard look at this season when it’s over, far too inconsistent, and I think that Gerrard does not know his best team, he played McCrorie on Sunday, a player I like but only comes in for certain games. Kamara will prove a good purchase and thought he would have started, watched him playing for Finland during the week and he played well. I could go through the squad player by player there are a few I would keep and hope they improve but there are too many that haven’t worked out. We could struggle over the next few weeks with the suspensions and we do need to finish second and it wood be good if Aberdeen beat Celtic and win the cup.
    Lol, thanks for that! From a non-Celtic perspective, I know what you mean. It's not going to be easy against Aberdeen, that's for sure, as it's their last chance of a trophy, but we'll have a few key players back from injury by then that could make all the difference. I can see it going to the wire though, and possibly even penalties!

As for the national team it’s clear that the current man was a mistake, we a need new approach but who would take it on it’s clear that when the manager of Northern Ireland turns the job down there is something very wrong with the set up.
    Indeed, and a lot of it is down to the 'old boys network'/stuffed blazers in the SFA!

That place needs cleared out from top to bottom, before Scottish international football has got any chance of moving forward. A younger team manager needs to be appointed, IMO; someone more in tune with the modern game and how younger players think/behave, and then given at least 3 years to implement a successful strategy. We simply can't keep chopping and changing managers and offering 'jobs for the boys'!

I see in the news this morning that Neil Lennon wants to build a team around Scott Brown, I think that’s a mistake but I’m now a Brown fan and never have been.
    Should be an interesting finish to the season to see who will finish second and third.
    Indeed. I honestly think that both Aberdeen and Killie (if they can keep their key players free from injury) will push you hard for second place. As for Brown, I kind of both agree and disagree. I wouldn't necessarily build a team around him, but he's in the form of his life, still fit as a fiddle, and a hugely influential player.

As a Rangers fan, I'm not surprised you don't like him!

Btw, look out for Lustig being offered new contract, and if so, I believe also a new injection of life, under Lennon. He was superb on Sunday, and took care of Kent, until he was moved into the middle in the second half, and only then did Kent come alive. I like him, as he's been a great servant to Celtic, and with his huge experience, I think he's still got something positive to contribute to the team.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

think Weah will be a player. Burke, is all speed but not much else it seems and if he cant get in the baggies squad he is unlikely to be Celtic bound i'd have thought. If you could buy young Tim , then he would make u a pile in 4 years. i'd take him in a flash.
    Talk again of Tierney going down south too which is worrying for the scottish game.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Yeah, there's been lots of talk of that all season.

For me, unless any of the top six sides in the EPL come calling with a HUGE bid (£25m+, as that's what he's worth), or a big team from abroad with a similar offer, KT will be staying put for 10-in-a-row, as he's a diehard Celtic fan. I mean, he really wasn't fit to play on Sunday, but insisted on doing so, and pushed himself to his limit to face Rangers and help Celtic get a vital win, to secure 8-in-a-row.

Much will also hinge on who gets the manager's job at Celtic on a permanent basis, and whether he feels excited by the successful candidate, if it isn't Lenny. I agree about Weah. I don't see PSG selling him, though. Perhaps an extended loan could be on the cards? We shall see. I still rate Burke, for more than just his pace, and I don't think we've seen the best of him yet in a Celtic shirt.

As predicted, I see that Kent has been given a 2-match ban: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47791139

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yeah, there's been lots of talk of that all season.

For me, unless any of the top six sides in the EPL come calling with a HUGE bid (£25m+, as that's what he's worth), or a big team from abroad with a similar offer, KT will be staying put for 10-in-a-row, as he's a diehard Celtic fan. I mean, he really wasn't fit to play on Sunday, but insisted on doing so, and pushed himself to his limit to face Rangers and help Celtic get a vital win, to secure 8-in-a-row.

Much will also hinge on who gets the manager's job at Celtic on a permanent basis, and whether he feels excited by the successful candidate, if it isn't Lenny. I agree about Weah. I don't see PSG selling him, though. Perhaps an extended loan could be on the cards? We shall see. I still rate Burke, for more than just his pace, and I don't think we've seen the best of him yet in a Celtic shirt.

As predicted, I see that Kent has been given a 2-match ban: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47791139

Marco.
    Yup, and its fair enough, but Brown should have been up on a charge too for incitement and bringing the game into disrepute. You can bet if that had been a rangers player behaving like that he would be...

and thats not to mention the simulation of holding his face and going down like a sniper had got him(morelos) very much like big Lafferty did. he got a 2 month ban and villified. Brown? nowt..
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Lol - you're not seriously suggesting that the authorities are biased towards Celtic, against Rangers?

No chance... They're simply incompetent across the board. That's the reality.

Historically, however, it was always the other way round (being biased against Celtic), especially when Farry was in charge at the SFA, and let's not talk about refs, such as Hugh Dallas, or any of the other infamous 'masons in black', who's, shall we say, 'questionable decisions' helped secure Rangers cups and titles, especially during the Walter Smith era!

That's a sore point, mate....

That aside, I do agree that Brown should also have been punished, if for no reason other than inciting the Rangers support, by celebrating the win in front of them. However, he does continually get dog's abuse from rival fans, on and off the park.

Have you read the mindless bile some Rangers supporting trolls have written about his dead sister on social media? See here: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/s...brown-10921386

So whilst I don't condone his provocative and antagonistic behaviour on Sunday, far from it, some of it rather childish, and think he should've behaved more professionally, I can sympathise with him wanting to give a little back to his 'detractors', and the vermin out there who abuse him in such a way, as outlined above.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

No point in discussing if u cant see it.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Lol, I'm up for discussing anything, but show me some evidence mate, to back up your claims

With respect too, and no offence meant, it's a bit rich for a Rangers fan to complain about biased authorities, given what's gone on in the past (as outlined). I'd agree that such outright bias/favouritism towards Rangers no longer exists, thank goodness, as Celtic have suffered from it for years, but I don't see it having swung the other way.

Don't get me wrong, that's not to say that Rangers don't get some unfair decisions made against them, but so does every other team in the country, including Celtic.

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread