Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Ok, meant to answer this earlier...

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Could be an interesting close season between both clubs. both will lose quite a few players I think; Celtic maybe the most damaged here, as their defence could be decimated.. what you think?
    I agree that it'll be an interesting close season for both clubs. In terms of the Celtic defence, the main thing will be the potential loss of Boyata. In fact, that's pretty much a certainty, and that Rodgers will come in for him to partner Benkovic, who'll return to Leicester when his loan period comes to an end. BR saw how successful a partnership that was at Celtic, and it's one I think would do well for Leicester, in the EPL.

So, the money we get for Boyata, which if he goes to an EPL club will be decent, as he's in his prime and an established Belgian international, will need to be spent on someone of similar calibre, to partner either Ayer or Simunovic in central defence, especially to get through the qualifiers for next season's CL, if we win the SPL.

We're well served in the goalkeeping position, and I think now that Lenny is back, Lustig will stay for another season, to cover for Toljan, who'll be going back to Borussia Dortmund. At the other side, the Tierney factor is of course the main concern. BR, and no doubt plenty of others, from wealthy EPL or foreign clubs, will bid for him in the summer, but I'm confident he'll stay for at least another season.

He's a diehard Celtic fan, and unlike BR won't be tempted to leave until 10-in-a-row has been tackled, although much would depend on whether or not Lennon is given the manager's job permanently. He might go if, say, a foreign manager is appointed, who isn't seen as 'Celtic minded', or perhaps as focussed on 10-in-a-row, and who knows how much that means to the fans, plus with all the upheaval that would bring.

For Tierney to stay, there would need to be stability in the team, and someone at the helm, as manager, who's a Celtic man and a proven winner. However, if he does go this summer, then it will no doubt be for a record transfer fee (for Celtic and Scotland), as I don't think he would be sold for anything less than £25m [I reckon closer on £30m] - and with that sort of money, you could buy plenty of good players!

So yes, there's liable to be a few players coming and going in the summer, but the important factor for Celtic is that they have BIG ASSETS to sell, if they do decide to let them go, and in the longterm, if the money is judiciously invested [a possible combined income of £40m, for Tierney and Boyata?] then that can only strengthen the team for the future - and I believe that next season is destined to be epic!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

why a fee for boyata.? he is out of contract is he not, and at 28, not going to get anything much for nurture, as he was a city player when young; or am i missing something?

Agree, i think Tierney will stay unless a really big bid from a big side which probably wont happen. the big four / six dont really buy from Scottish clubs very often ... usually get smaller clubs to try them out in epl first, like with virgil.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Thumbs up SPL: Dundee 0 Celtic 1

Just thought I'd revive this thread, as our resident Gers fans seem to have given up on it, following some recent dodgy results!

Scoring goals to win games in the last minute of injury time is what title-winning teams are all about, and we've done it umpteen times this season... I literally almost wet myself with joy today when Edouard's goal went in!!!

So a 10-point gap now exists at the top, which even if we lost both upcoming old firm games, I can't realistically see Rangers clawing back. Looking forward to the first one at Celtic Park, after the international break, which no doubt will be a cracker. We'll have some major players back from injury by then, and who no doubt will come in handy for the title run in.

I've been listening to some of the recent radio phone-ins, with Rangers players saying that Gerrard should be sacked, as he's not up to the job. I simply don't go along with that. Outside of the disappointments in the domestic cups, there's been a big improvement in Rangers, both in terms of European results achieved and the team's overall standard of play.

What they lack is consistency, and crucially some players who will give them that. More creativity is needed in the middle of the park and more goal threat up front, in order to break teams down. This is currently what Celtic have that Rangers don't, which is why we usually manage to nick a goal to win tight games, together with a squad of better quality players.

Gerrard needs to address that in the summer, and sign 3 or 4 top-quality players (with the right character and mental toughness to play for Rangers) in the above mentioned positions and also in defence, if Rangers are genuinely to challenge Celtic next season, who will also be looking to strengthen, and crucially replace some quality players who'll likely be leaving.

However, I still think that Gerrard is the man for the job. He'll have learned a lot from this season, in terms of how teams play in Scotland, and most importantly which players he can trust to perform and are good enough to wear a Rangers jersey, and he'll put that knowledge to good use next season. That's why I think it'll be a cracker - as will the two remaining old firm games this season, because Gerrard will be desperate for Rangers to salvage some pride and keep the gap down to as few points as possible!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Just a shout out too, for Scotland's AMAZING, mother of all comebacks in the Rugby Six Nations against England yesterday, going from 31-7 down, to draw 38-38, and come within a whisker of beating England at Twickenham, for YEARS - a truly epic game of rugby!! And resulting in Scotland retaining the Calcutta Cup

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/47597573

And of course for Wales winning the Grand Slam itself! It was on the cards, after those amazing comebacks against France, in Paris, and England. Well done lads!!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

Yup celtic won it a few weeks ago. Those late wins are a characteristic of champs.

I did see a few morons are calling for stevie, s head and to clear the squad again.
    Feable brained
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Yup, any Rangers fan with a brain couldn't have realistically expected their team to win the title this season, and even if the winning gap for Celtic should end up in double figures, it would only be a true reflection of the quality of the respective Celtic and Rangers squads. Therefore, until that gap is bridged, the other one won't be, which is why Gerrard has a lot of work to do in the summer.

The big disappointment for Rangers has been their performances in both cup competitions, particularly the Scottish cup, as fans would've rightly expected them to have won at least one of the cups available. That performance in the replay at home against Aberdeen was simply woeful, and there have been too many others like it this season.

Here's the thing, of the, what, 17 players Gerrard has signed, how many would you say have been a genuine success? For me, even Defoe and Davis haven't properly done the business. McGregor, for me, has been his best signing, and the only one who comes into that category, but who currently seems to be going through a slump in form.

Plus, if it wasn't for Morelos, who was signed by Pedro Caixinha, and all the goals he's scored this season, exactly where would Rangers be...? Therefore, if he goes in the summer, which seems almost certain, he'll need to be properly replaced, and based on Gerrard's record in the transfer market so far, that's far from a certainty.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

Kudos to Gerard for making a few of the old players tick and what they are now tho, a bit like what Brendan did. Morelos is a lot stronger, Halliday is a new man. Taninier is better by a mark too. plus he has encouraged the younger players through as well(i might add i think him reducing their game time since the Celtic victory aided in the teams unity and thus its downfall.
    Gerard has an Ego, and he is a bit fickle; neither in itself a bad thing in football, but when your relatively inexperienced it can cause problems. He maybe needs to address this for his next season.
    Overall he has rejuvinated the club and made them a lot stronger. I agree that what is now needed is maybe 4 or 5 top signings within the playing 18. The youth project in Auchindowie is going great guns and will supply the rest.
    What the fans need is a reality check. The SFA and Scottish media need jail time(along with a lot of thug fans)
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Thumbs up SPL: Celtic 2 Rangers 1

Hard luck lads, I think that's it definitely over now....

Just sitting down to watch the match, as I was having lunch when it was on, so recorded it. Therefore, I'll comment on how it went later. I note that Morelos was sent off again, though!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Hard luck lads, I think that's it definitely over now....

Just sitting down to watch the match, as I was having lunch when it was on, so recorded it. Therefore, I'll comment on how it went later. I note that Morelos was sent off again, though!

Marco.
    get beat did they.. not fussed tbh. ive given up on our game; its all politics and religious fervor now, and i want none of it. i hate that shit
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread