+ Reply to Thread
Page 107 of 119 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1187

Thread: New Footie season - 2018/2019

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I know, and it does my tits in. How I'd love to weed out all that neanderthal sectarian shite!

Anyway, it looks like we're going to be signing highly-rated Rapid Vienna left back Boli Bolingoli-Mbombo.for £3m, hopefully as cover for KT, not as a replacement.. He's going to go sometime, for sure, but for me the time isn't right and neither is the proposed club, Arsenal - and neither is the current transfer bid.

Only £25m+ will get Celtic talking. Nice to have all these valuable assets, innit?

Marco.
    i see youve cooled interest on paddy mcnair think teirney will go for about 21m. thats if he wants a move, which he may not.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    i see youve cooled interest on paddy mcnair think teirney will go for about 21m. thats if he wants a move, which he may not.
    Have we? I haven't heard. In any case, we've got plenty of cover in that area, so no biggie... It's fullbacks we need, since Lusto's departure, and if we do some good business there before the CL qualifier deadline on Thursday, we'll be good to go!

My gut says Tierney won't want to go this season (and likely not next year either, if we're going for 10-in-a-row), unless the likes of Man Utd, Man City, or possibly Chelsea, come in (Liverpool already have Robertson). He'll want to join an EPL club that has a decent chance of winning the league, and right now that's not Arsenal.

Rumour has it that wealthy clubs in China are also set to bid big for Rogic (reportedly £12m or so). Much as I love Rogic, if that sort of cash came in, I'd take it, as he wasn't the same player last season and I think might relish a new challenge.

It's frightening (at least in Scottish terms) how much some of Celtic's best players are worth potentially, when you consider not only Tierney and Rogic, but Forrest, McGregor, Ntcham and Edouard.... Bayo also looks to be in that ilk too, and someone who I predict will be terrorising a few defences this season!

In the pre-season games so far he's formed a great partnership with Griffiths (within the new 4-4-2 formation). Aside from anything else, if Griffiths stays injury free and starts enough games, he'll guarantee you 25 goals a season (possibly more), which is a luxury we didn't enjoy last season.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Robin.

Have we? I haven't heard. In any case, we've got plenty of cover in that area, so no biggie... It's fullbacks we need, since Lusto's departure, and if we do some good business there before the CL qualifier deadline on Thursday, we'll be good to go!

My gut says Tierney won't want to go this season (and likely not next year either, if we're going for 10-in-a-row), unless the likes of Man Utd, Man City, or possibly Chelsea, come in (Liverpool already have Robertson). He'll want to join an EPL club that has a decent chance of winning the league, and right now that's not Arsenal.

Rumour has it that wealthy clubs in China are also set to bid big for Rogic (reportedly £12m or so). Much as I love Rogic, if that sort of cash came in, I'd take it, as he wasn't the same player last season and I think might relish a new challenge.

It's frightening (at least in Scottish terms) how much some of Celtic's best players are worth potentially, when you consider not only Tierney and Rogic, but Forrest, McGregor, Ntcham and Edouard.... Bayo also looks to be in that ilk too, and someone who I predict will be terrorising a few defences this season!

In the pre-season games so far he's formed a great partnership with Griffiths (within the new 4-4-2 formation). Aside from anything else, if Griffiths stays injury free and starts enough games, he'll guarantee you 25 goals a season (possibly more), which is a luxury we didn't enjoy last season.

Marco.
    Of course if your previous manager sells Harry McGuire for silly money then he might come back to raid some the better Celtic players.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

Yup, that's always been likely to happen, and at some point probably will. But look at all the potential PROFIT (and lovely lolly) coming in, with which to spend on top-notch replacements... Considering many of our best assets have been home grown, and so cost hee-haw!

Rangers need to start bringing through players like that from their academy, as nurturing home-grown talent, developing them into top players, then eventually selling them onto wealthier clubs for huge fees, is the only way either of the Old Firm can begin to compete in Europe...

Without that continual injection of cash, coupled with the occasion boost from CL group-stage qualification if/when it happens, we've got no chance!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

we need to as a club, but our fans are worlds worst for patience with players. puts me right off them tbh...so short sighted
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Yup, and also shrewd buys in the transfer market, which Morelos aside, is also something else you've been badly lacking... More wasting money you don't have!

But... I think Gerrard will help address that balance, especially with Aribo, who in my opinion is top notch - and if he has a really good season with Rangers, especially in Europe, will be someone you could sell on later for a big fee

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

Yup, and also shrewd buys in the transfer market, which Morelos aside, is also something else you've been badly lacking... More wasting money you don't have!

But... I think Gerrard will help address that balance, especially with Aribo, who in my opinion is top notch - and if he has a really good season with Rangers, especially in Europe, will be someone you could sell on later for a big fee

Marco.
    I think we have potentially a few who could make biggish money in future. Katic(2m but already a Croatian cap) and Barasic (also a top international)both could, but need good season. Kamara (50k)too, who i rate the highest.
    Obviously Morelos (1m)and Tavinier(300k), who potentially have already risen, probably as high as they will go in spl would both make tidy sums considering they were fairly cheap.
    Hastie was free and many at Motherwell rated him higher potential than Turnbull.. The new lad Edmunson too, along with Aribo so there is potential....Alas potential isnt enough and they will need to show it, especially in the Europa where you get noticed most.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

I think we have potentially a few who could make biggish money in future. Katic(2m but already a Croatian cap) and Barasic (also a top international)both could, but need good season. Kamara (50k)too, who i rate the highest.
    Obviously Morelos (1m)and Tavinier(300k), who potentially have already risen, probably as high as they will go in spl would both make tidy sums considering they were fairly cheap.
    Hastie was free and many at Motherwell rated him higher potential than Turnbull.. The new lad Edmunson too, along with Aribo so there is potential....Alas potential isnt enough and they will need to show it, especially in the Europa where you get noticed most.
    Hopefully all the Scottish teams will have a good run in Europe, and the new players will show their potential.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

Yup, I agree also about the players you mention, especially Tav and the two Croatian players, although as you say they'll all need to be performing at the peak of their ability this season, for them to realise their potential sale value.

And yes. for the sake of our co-efficient, good luck to ALL Scottish teams in their upcoming games in Europe!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

as per usual its a hectic schedule so early on, anything can happen as we are often playing sides who are already match fit.
    Its a hard job trying to get into a position where your teams dont go in early. especially when the national team are so poor and our league is way down pecking order.
    Still, I hope some at least will make it to their respective group stages.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread