+ Reply to Thread
Page 106 of 119 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1187

Thread: New Footie season - 2018/2019

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    Looks a decent player, which we had that kinda money to spend.
    On my site he is 87 rated but no improvements since 2017, so a change of league might help him. Good age at 26
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Yeah, I think that's exactly it. He needs a change of scenery and I think will shine in a team like Celtic, where most of the time they're attacking and where he can win trophies.

Meanwhile, reports suggest we're to put a £5m bid in for Northern Ireland internationalist Paddy McNair, as a replacement for Turnbull, whom in my opinion is a better player, and if done that will be a nice bit of business and will definitely strengthen our midfield. See here: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...arget-17267551

With Bayo and Shved impressing in training, and Griffiths scoring in 6-1 hammering of Austrian opposition in one of our pre-season friendlies, it's starting to look good

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Highly rated RoI youth international Luca Connell has now signed for us from Bolton, ahead of Arsenal and Southampton: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48810612

Not heard of him, but he seems well regarded

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Highly rated RoI youth international Luca Connell has now signed for us from Bolton, ahead of Arsenal and Southampton: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48810612

Not heard of him, but he seems well regarded

Marco.
    yeah saw the lad up getting the royal tour during week. could be a good one come time
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Yeah, and I like the look of Paddy McNair, too... Always thought that given Celtic's history, there should be much more Irish players playing for us, as there was at one time. You can always guarantee a good work rate and determination from them, as it's in their blood.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yeah, and I like the look of Paddy McNair, too... Always thought that given Celtic's history, there should be much more Irish players playing for us, as there was at one time. You can always guarantee a good work rate and determination from them, as it's in their blood.

Marco.
    Paddy is a big Gers fan so I don't know if it will have a bearing on anything; may well do with the fans too, especially if he plays badly But Broony was a gers fan once too so no reason why not, especially nowadays.

We I think are pretty much done for now. May bring in nearer close of window, but will be concentrating on the euro qualifiers and also offloading a few non starters
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Well, let's face it, if you're from an Irish background then you're either one or the other!

If McNair's a Gers fan, with professional footballers, history dictates that it'll just make him all the more determined to beat his rivals... Doubt Broony was ever a *true* Gers fan, otherwise he wouldn't have become such an iconic figure for us and a Celtic legend. He was/is far more of a Hibs fan than he ever was a Rangers one.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

Big Tam Gemmell was a Gers fan too TBH, and it didnt stop him. Its becoming less important as time goes on thankfully. BUT its still got a ways to go with many of the general public sadly. Rangers as a club, is very much multi cultural now, and the bad old days consigned to where they belong..HISTORY.

Again alas, many of the fans are still living in the 17th century on a Saturday tho
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I know, and it does my tits in. How I'd love to weed out all that neanderthal sectarian shite!

Anyway, it looks like we're going to be signing highly-rated Rapid Vienna left back Boli Bolingoli-Mbombo.for £3m, hopefully as cover for KT, not as a replacement.. He's going to go sometime, for sure, but for me the time isn't right and neither is the proposed club, Arsenal - and neither is the current transfer bid.

Only £25m+ will get Celtic talking. Nice to have all these valuable assets, innit?

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Robin.

With the European games coming up very soon, I’m sure both team will be keen to have settled squads as soon as possible.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

+ Reply to Thread