+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 119 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1187

Thread: New Footie season - 2018/2019

I'm Grant.

Aribo is apparently signed. Will be paraded in Portugal tomorrow so I'm told.
    Hope he is worth the hype.
    Squad filling out nicely. Another cb and maybe a striker for me.
    Not fussed if Kent comes tbh, and would rather play our own on left.

Qualifiers for Europe looming already lol.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Good stuff, mate. I'm sure that Aribo is quality, in terms of his footballing ability. Much will depend though, on his temperament, as for me that's where these Portuguese boys can fall down, and also how they handle themselves in terms of the Scottish climate, living in Glasgow as a Rangers player, and playing for a club with such a demanding support.

The same of course could be said of any foreign player joining Celtic! So it looks like you'll still have Morelos for another season? Surprised no bids came in for him, or did they and Rangers turned them down? I haven't heard anything about him staying or going...

We've still got some major business to do, and more new faces have been promised before our CL qualifiers, which I'm sure will be the case. I'm happy though with Turnbull, as he will certainly add quality to our squad, and more likely the first team.

If Arsenal want Tierney though, they'll have to do better than £15m!! Doubt he'd want to leave Celtic right now though, as a diehard Celt, and with 9-in a row still to go for.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Good stuff, mate. I'm sure that Aribo is quality, in terms of his footballing ability. Much will depend though, on his temperament, as for me that's where these Portuguese boys can fall down, and also how they handle themselves in terms of the Scottish climate, living in Glasgow as a Rangers player, and playing for a club with such a demanding support.

The same of course could be said of any foreign player joining Celtic! So it looks like you'll still have Morelos for another season? Surprised no bids came in for him, or did they and Rangers turned them down?

We've still got some major business to do, and more new faces have been promise before our CL qualifiers, which I'm sure will be the case. I'm happy though with Turnbull, as he will certainly add quality to our squad, and more likely the first team.

If Arsenal want Tierney though, they'll have to do better than £15m!! Doubt he'd want to leave Celtic right now though, as a diehard Celt, and with 9-in a row to go for.

Marco.
    Aribo is English. Your maybe thinking of the young lad from Benfica(I think) Balde. Still not heard of conformation of him although it was supposedly happening. Apparently very highly thought of but only 16.

Re Teirney, well I guess if a top team come calling he will go. You never know if it's your only chance.
    But being a big tic he may just want to stay at home with his boyhood team. Time will tell
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Also see that Turnbull is having a second scan on a knee.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Our first home game of the season is against Newcastle so hoping they will still be unsettled by then!

Our second confirmed signing - Josip Drmic. Nope, I don't know much about him. Could be a good signing if his injuries are behind him? https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwic...PpO9xL7ReRS3WM If he can emulate even half of last season's free transfer sensation Teemu Pukki, that would be amazing. Time will tell.
    Well, you've got another ex-'Celtic' sensation now, Paddy Roberts! If he's half as good for you guys, as he was for us, you'll be laughing

Good luck anyway, for the coming season. I'll be rooting for Norwich against every team apart from Liverpool or Man Utd!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Well, you've got another ex-'Celtic' sensation now, Paddy Roberts! If he's half as good for you guys, as he was for us, you'll be laughing

Good luck anyway, for the coming season. I'll be rooting for Norwich against every team apart from Liverpool or Man Utd!

Marco.
    Cheers Marco! Yes, Roberts is a good loan signing, and unlike the last couple of times we’ve gone up, I’m not too fearful. Remind me of this post in a years time!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Aribo is English. Your maybe thinking of the young lad from Benfica(I think) Balde. Still not heard of conformation of him although it was supposedly happening. Apparently very highly thought of but only 16.

Re Teirney, well I guess if a top team come calling he will go. You never know if it's your only chance.
    But being a big tic he may just want to stay at home with his boyhood team. Time will tell
    Lol yes, I knew there was some Portuguese boy linked with you. So did anyone come in for Morelos?

Tierney's good enough to choose when he wants to leave Celtic, and not be tempted into it at the wrong time, and perhaps to the wrong club. For me, he's got unfinished business with Celtic. I also see him as more of a Man City or Utd player, than an Arsenal one.

Marco.
    Main System

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Cheers Marco! Yes, Roberts is a good loan signing, and unlike the last couple of times we’ve gone up, I’m not too fearful. Remind me of this post in a years time!
    Lol - well you've done well out of ex-Celtic connected players... Pukki, Roberts, and the Hooperman! Where's he these days?

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Robin.

Looks like there are issues with Turnbull’s medical
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

Well, if that's the case we don't want a dud...

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread