+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 119 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast

Thread: New Footie season - 2018/2019

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Thumbs up Scottish Cup Final 2019: Hearts 1 Celtic 2

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, FUCKING WOO-HOO, YA FREAKIN' DANCER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CELTIC FC: TREBLE-TREBLE WINNERS 2018/19 - TODAY WE MADE HISTORY... WELL DONE BHOYS!!!

I AM ABSOLUTLEY ECSTATIC!!!!

AND NEIL GETS THE MANAGER'S JOB, TO GO FOR 10-IN-A-ROW.... JUST WHAT I WANTED!!

Off tae get pished!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Robin.

Many congratulations to Celtic, thought Hearts were a bit unlucky on the day but you pay for mistakes and some clinical finishing.
    Looking forward to next season and hope we can offer a challenge.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

Cheers, mate. You did this season, certainly in head-to-head encounters in the league. One thing you can safely say now, with Gerrard at the helm. is that getting regularly cuffed from Celtic, home and away, is a thing of the past.

So if you can improve your form against the other teams (and SC's left Killie now, so that might help), and do better in the cup, then you'll defo be up there. I'm sure that'll happen. The key thing will be the summer transfers activities of both teams, and in that respect, who does the best business... We'll certainly have the most money to spend, but it's about spending it wisely. Lennon though, has always had a keen eye for a player, better IMO than Rodgers did.

Anyway, I don't think any team will do a treble-treble again, which really is an amazing achievement, considering the 25 one-off cup games (where often anything can happen) Celtic have successfully negotiated - quite remarkable consistency! The same also goes for '9-in-rows', etc... If we get 10-in-a-row, then like the treble-treble, that will never again be achieved.

I could see one of us winning 2, perhaps 3, titles in a row, in a particularly good run, but never 9 or 10, so next season, for that reason alone, is destined to be a cracker!

Where's Granty?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Cheers, mate. You did this season, certainly in head-to-head encounters in the league. One thing you can safely say now, with Gerrard at the helm. is that getting regularly cuffed from Celtic, home and away, is a thing of the past.

So if you can improve your form against the other teams (and SC's left Killie now, so that might help), and do better in the cup, then you'll defo be up there. I'm sure that'll happen. The key thing will be the summer transfers activities of both teams, and in that respect, who does the best business... We'll certainly have the most money to spend, but it's about spending it wisely. Lennon though, has always had a keen eye for a player, better IMO than Rodgers did.

Anyway, I don't think any team will do a treble-treble again, which really is an amazing achievement, considering the 25 one-off cup games (where often anything can happen) Celtic have successfully negotiated - quite remarkable consistency! The same also goes for '9-in-rows', etc... If we get 10-in-a-row, then like the treble-treble, that will never again be achieved.

I could see one of us winning 2, perhaps 3, titles in a row, in a particularly good run, but never 9 or 10, so next season, for that reason alone, is destined to be a cracker!

Where's Granty?

Marco.
    The key is consistency which Rangers didn’t have this season, will be interesting to see what happens during the summer and which players come and go and how that’s going to change things.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

Yup, but you also need more creativity [game changers/potential match winners] in your side, able to break teams and packed defences down, which as you know happens against Celtic and Rangers every week, and which Celtic have in abundance, and can turn draws or narrow defeats, into wins, plus more 'big game' players, who always do the biz in the big games, such as Edouard did yesterday,

He may not have scored as many goals this season as Morelos, but he invariably comes up with the big goals, in cup finals and European games, when they're needed most...

An interesting thing is everyone going on about our striking positions and how signings will need to be made, and I'm sure they will be, but let's not forget that before even a cheque has been written, we'll effectively have three new players up front next season: Bayo (who I expect to be a sensation), along with Maryan Shved, and of course Leigh Griffiths!! That alone will add considerable goal threat to our front line, before a penny is spent.

Plus the fact that Edouard will have had a good full season under his belt, which he'll have learned from, as still a young player himself, and so will be better again next season. Therefore, if we can add some quality to that frontline in the summer, we'll be more formidable in that area next season, as this season our goal-scoring tally was a little disappointing.

The big thing for us will be what happens in defence, which is where I think the main changes will be made.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Robin.

We will be able to tell more once we see the make up of the various squads, hopefully we can strengthen in certain areas and as I said be much consistent. As I have said the Celtic team that finished the season under Lennon were nowhere near the Team under Brendan, from a Celtic point of view not sure that Neil Lennon was the right choice and one my neighbours a long standing season ticket holder agrees with me, but time will tell. From a Rangers point of view I think it’s a great appointment, hopefully that won’t come back and bite me on the arse.
    Once we see the make up of the squads we will be able tell more.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    We will be able to tell more once we see the make up of the various squads, hopefully we can strengthen in certain areas and as I said be much consistent. As I have said the Celtic team that finished the season under Lennon were nowhere near the Team under Brendan, from a Celtic point of view not sure that Neil Lennon was the right choice and one my neighbours a long standing season ticket holder agrees with me, but time will tell. From a Rangers point of view I think it’s a great appointment, hopefully that won’t come back and bite me on the arse.
    Once we see the make up of the squads we will be able tell more.
    Lol - I couldn't disagree more!! Lenny, as I've said many times before, is the *perfect* man for this particular job [a two year one to try and secure 10-in-a-row], as he's diehard Celtic man and knows what that means to the club and its supporters. After that we can go for a Benitez, Bilic or whatever, and concentrate more again on Europe. The fundamental focus next season will be on the league, league and nothing but the league!

I take your point about Rodgers. However, you have to remember it's BR's team and tactics that Lennon has been 'forced' to use since he came in, and which he has to be given huge credit for managing to successfully utilise to guide the team to winning the two trophies that remained.

You cannot judge any manager on a team he's inherited, so let's see what the 'Lennon Celtic' looks like, and the style that team plays, and judge him then on that basis - and let's not forget he's done it all before with Celtic, so winning titles and cups isn't exactly a new thing for him!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Lol - I couldn't disagree more!! Lenny, as I've said many times before, is the *perfect* man for this particular job [a two year one to try and secure 10-in-a-row], as he's diehard Celtic man and knows what that means to the club and its supporters. After that we can go for a Benitez, Bilic or whatever, and concentrate more again on Europe. The fundamental focus next season will be on the league, league and nothing but the league!

I take your point about Rodgers. However, you have to remember it's BR's team and tactics that Lennon has been 'forced' to use since he came in, and which he has to be given huge credit for managing to successfully utilise to guide the team to winning the two trophies that remained.

You cannot judge any manager on a team he's inherited, so let's see what the 'Lennon Celtic' looks like, and the style that team plays, and judge him then on that basis - and let's not forget he's done it all before with Celtic, so winning titles and cups isn't exactly a new thing for him!

Marco.
    Time will tell Marco, it was only a couple of weeks ago they were booing him at Celtic Park, but I do agree in main it’s not his team and players so we will see what happens over the summer and next season.
    I expect quite a few changes at both Rangers and Celtic.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

Definitely, time will tell, Robin. However the "they" in question are simply idiots with completely unrealistic expectations, demanding that the team play swashbuckling football in every match, and as I said completely unrealistic, considering the prevailing circumstances, with a new manager having come in to try and finish the job of the departed one, using his players and tactics.

Realistically, what more could Neil Lennon have done, short of winning [in real terms] a meaningless match against Rangers at Ibrox?

He's won the league, by maintaining and adding to the 8 point lead BR left, and won the Scottish cup convincingly, beating three of the best teams in Scotland in the process, to secure the treble-treble - all under *severe* pressure, from both the fans and media. Anyone attempting to criticise what Lenny's achieved under those conditions in the short time he's been at the club seriously needs their head looked at.

So what's to stop him carrying on from where he left off next season?

In any case, I know as many Celtic fans (proper loyal ones, with some functioning grey matter between their ears) who are, like me, delighted that Lenny's got the job full time, and understand *exactly* the valid reasons for that, so you should start listening to us/them or a change, for a more reasoned and realistic summary of matters!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Robin.

I think appointing Lennon was the easy option, for the last few years I have with several guys who are season ticket holders at Parkhead and to a man not one of them wanted him as the full time manager, theses are educated guys who have been watching their team for decades, and although they have been happy to give me abuse for the last few years about the state of my team, they are not happy about the new appointment.
    There is no argument that Lennon has been successful and won a great deal in Scotland, and as I have said time will tell.
    Once again the Celtic captain let himself down towards the end of the game yesterday, there was a very good reason that Brendan was playing him less and less.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 119 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast