+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Crap Weather for July!

I'm Steve.

I agree, there's no such thing as a 'naughty' cat. All cats will do what they can to get what they want. Gives the impression that some cats are better behaved, when really they're just more stupid.

If your friend were to change the pantry lock for a combination type, that would end the thieving - everyone knows cats struggle with counting. Then if she just leaves out a couple of pouches per day, the cat would be pretty much maintenance-free. Then it just needs to learn to put its empty pouches and kills in the bin and it would be a sight smarter than most kids, who these days don't set the bar very high.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

You can't get them to clean up after themselves. I've tried. Showed mine how to close the door behind him when he came in. Not interested. Although after he was sick on the living room carpet I did tell him to be sick in the kitchen in future so it was at least easier to clean up and he did comply with that request. It's not what you think is reasonable it's what the cat thinks is reasonable that matters.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Alex.

I like the saying "Dogs have owners, cats have servants"
    Spendorman

I'm Geoff.

What a nice change. Very sunny, 24C with a stiff breeze. Lovely!

I'm Grant.

only made 15c today. wet overnight too. cooler by far
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

My younger daughter has gone to 'Kendal Calling' festival this weekend. First wet weekend in three months.

She phoned me to say they got there ok, and she'd managed to put up her tent without any help. "Aren't you proud of me dad?" Of course I said I was. They grow up so quick don't they? She'll be 30 in October, and already she knows how to put up a tent. I'm betting the camping stove will defeat her though.

And I just know she will have forgotten to take wellies.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Steve.

The sky's gone black and I can hear God moving the furniture around up there. I reckon a real downpour is imminent.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Adam.

Been cycling across the New Forest this morning. Hot but a decent breeze and now back at our friends’ house, baking in the garden and draining a 9 pint keg from the local brewery!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Steve.

Save some for when your friends make it back!

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Adam.

Trying to have a barbecue and it bloody pissing down. Typical crap British summer!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast