+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My short stay in Madeira

I'm Colin.

Default My short stay in Madeira

The break was great,apart from having wallet stolen and bank accounts emptied and credit card taken to the max. And then my friend Les died whilst we were trying to get the Natwest bank to help and what a waste of time that was, thank goodness for friend here and there for there support. Les left a disabled wife and the bank would not let me have any money to get a quick flight home, right shit heads.

New friends.

Some wonderful plants.

Winston's paint box.

My adopted sis and old friend.

Flowers

My mate Ramilo

Bigman80 Guest

wow, didn't start well then. Sorry about your friend.

I'm Colin.

Yes Les was a great kind friend, his wife Dawn is struggling to get her life together, she was 16 yrs old when they got hitched he died at 75 yrs old a long time together. No kids sadly but lots of folk who love them including Maria and I.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

How did the thieves know the PIN for your cards? Did you inform the bank and credit card companies of your travel plans?

Unfortunately NatWest are becoming unsympathetic and unhelpful to victims such incidents. The British Embassy (is there one in Madera?) will always make a (secured) loan of money to get you home.
    Barry

I'm Colin.

The Police said it was a group of Romanians that are doing it all over the Island. And they have a PC which generates random numbers in there card machine thing to test numbers before using the card.
    We were visiting a sugar cane factory and I was pushed over by a young man as I was going to the loo on my walking sticks.
    I get knocked over easily and this happen in April at Waterloo Station and the guy stepped on me and walked away. The staff there were great and helped me up and checked me out. I am on a high dose of Warfarin and have a INR level set to 4.5 - 6.0 very high this causes me to bleed a lot inside and out, and is not funny. So I must take care, bruises and minor cut to most folk would be no problem but to me, it another hospital visit for check ups. Not nice or fun.

Not sure if or were the Embassy is and I have been 12 time to the Island and love it and the people, this however was a downer for me.

I'm Colin.

The driving standard is fantastic including parking.

More pics.

My sister in law he he.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RghKdGn8h5A

I'm John.

Madeira is a truly beautiful island with fantastic flora and fauna. Thank you for showing the lovely pictures. Sorry about your ordeal and the loss of your friend.
    Sent by me using an appendage

SME Model 15/V tonearm, Lyra Dorian, EAR Phono Box.

Luxman 509X amp.

PMC 25 23i speakers.

Innuos/Roon/Qobuz/I-Pad. Oppo UDP-205.

Cables by Kimber, Yannis and Audioquest.

Audioquest Niagara. Tube Distinctions Mains power filter. Project RCM. Zerostat.

I'm Colin.

I love it there up at the Monte in the garden 3 times and all days, just peace and smelling flowers

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Wonfor View Post
    Yes Les was a great kind friend, his wife Dawn is struggling to get her life together, she was 16 yrs old when they got hitched he died at 75 yrs old a long time together. No kids sadly but lots of folk who love them including Maria and I.
    Heartbreaking. That amount of time with each other in the bank too. Outstanding achievement.

I'm John.

You seem to have a high vantage point with the toboggans. Where they coming past where you stayed?
    Sent by me using an appendage

SME Model 15/V tonearm, Lyra Dorian, EAR Phono Box.

Luxman 509X amp.

PMC 25 23i speakers.

Innuos/Roon/Qobuz/I-Pad. Oppo UDP-205.

Cables by Kimber, Yannis and Audioquest.

Audioquest Niagara. Tube Distinctions Mains power filter. Project RCM. Zerostat.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast