+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: Goldbug Mr Brier - Northwest Analogue retip and serviced

I'm Stephen.

Default FS: Goldbug Mr Brier - Northwest Analogue retip and serviced

Selling my Goldbug Brier.
    Retip and service by Dom at Northwest Analogue on 4 June 2018. Played 2 sides since then to check all is good - it is.

This is on eBay (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173388873...84.m1558.l2649) for £1450 - I will offer a 10% discount to AoS members if bought through the forum. BACS or PayPal gift or COC.

Price is firm.
    Collection in person preferred from BD20
    Full details and conditions on the eBay listing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Always a little further

I'm Andrew.

wow! That looks truly stunning.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    wow! That looks truly stunning.
    Thank you.
    It really is. Not cheap I know but a true classic cartridge in A1 spec. TBH in my current setup my DL-S1/AU-S1 just hits the sweet spot and if I sell the Briar I’ll likely buy another DL-S1 as a spare (I’m really not a very good salesman am I?)

Always a little further

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

So, what's wrong with it?

I had an original well worn example that Jimmy Hughes had used almost to death back in the mid 80's. Toppy, thin, no real 'music' despite it sounding so wonderful in Jimmy's Zeta. I played around with VTA and BANG, it all snapped into focus, surface noise all but disappeared (different to the overdamped 'smothering' that early Koetsu's did on comparison) and i think I can say that it was the best sound from vinyl I ever had until the Decca/Mentor came along.

I appreciate this one isn't as made, and the diamond fitted is fussier on alignment considering the Brier models can't easily be aligned. The next user MUST be prepared to tweak a little and maybe give the rebuild time to settle back in. Hopefully you'll be entranced as I was until I had to give it back to the importer.

Good luck.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Stephen.

Mmm! I think that’s a positive recommendation!
    Absolutely nothing wrong with it - it is as you describe. I need to move it on to fund other stuff and as I say the DL-S1/AU-S1 floats my boat.
    If it doesn’t sell I’ll likely add it to my estate for the kids to inherit
    Always a little further

I'm Stuart.

Looking at the cartridge, does it come fitted into a 'G' type headshell?
    It looks a stunning cartridge...but I know absolutely nothing about the brand.

I'm Stephen.

Hi - it's currently in the Fidelity Research headshell that it left the factory with. However, it can be easily removed from the FR and fitted into any headshell as shown in the photo.
    As per info about the brand DSJR's post is very insightful - also check out the vinyl engine cartridge database.
    Hope this helps.
    Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Always a little further

I'm Stephen.

Bump
    No longer on eBay
    Always a little further

I'm Stephen.

Now back on eBay. AoS discount still applies

Always a little further