+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Speaker stands identification?

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I like your coffee table.
    Thanks Martin, it’s my pride and joy outside of Hifi ( sad I know ) it takes 4 men to lift it !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardlon View Post
    Thanks Andy. I was mulling over a trip to Walton-on-Thames to pick them up. You saved me the time.
    I almost didn’t go to be honest but really pleased I did , and for the first time ever I can say that the M25 was a pleasure

I'm Mark.

Those stands look very similar to my old stands I ran for 40+ years.
    NS1000M look to be in very nice shape!
    Interesting to me that you chose to put your system in a corner with speakers so close to the walls.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostEOne View Post
    Those stands look very similar to my old stands I ran for 40+ years.
    NS1000M look to be in very nice shape!
    Interesting to me that you chose to put your system in a corner with speakers so close to the walls.
    Hi Mark , I have no choice in locating the system unfortunately and it really does bug me though if I’m going to have a serious listening session then I do place the speakers more into the room ( when the wife’s not home )

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by andyrlb View Post
    I almost didn’t go to be honest but really pleased I did , and for the first time ever I can say that the M25 was a pleasure

Yes the M25 can be ok - if you time it right. I often have to travel to Guildford and the M25 normally doubles up as a car park.

Is the skin under the table act as a bass trap and what does the owner (who I assume is on the wall) say about it all?
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardlon View Post
    Yes the M25 can be ok - if you time it right. I often have to travel to Guildford and the M25 normally doubles up as a car park.

Is the skin under the table act as a bass trap and what does the owner (who I assume is on the wall) say about it all?

The skin is a permanent fixture now as I’m not a strong as I used to be so it stays under the coffee table

I'm Mark.

May I ask if the image well in that position? I recently lowered my NS1000M to 10¼" with a LOT of rake (2¼") imaging is amazing now, but my space is 19' and very open around the stereo. pic is from my listening chair.

I'm Andrew.

Yeah I see yours are situated spot on.
    Mine were on stands of 10” now they’re at 15” which I so far prefer.
    Last week I had my radford Auditoriums on the same 10” stands and in the same location and they sounded fantastic, in fact much better than the yams but in my opinion they look old and dated ( and bloody ugly without their grills) whereas the yams are simply so cool .

I'm Deleted.

If the Radfords sounded better than your Yamaha’s something is seriously wrong.
    Account Deleted

I'm Andrew.

The radfords sound seriously good and yes I think they have the edge over the yams . Of course I could be wrong and I wouldn’t consider myself a Hifi expert by any means but having said that I think my Kef 105/4’s sounded better too which why I sold my first pair of yams .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast