+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Speaker stands identification?

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostEOne View Post
    May I ask if the image well in that position? I recently lowered my NS1000M to 10¼" with a LOT of rake (2¼") imaging is amazing now, but my space is 19' and very open around the stereo. pic is from my listening chair.
    Well they’re going back on the 10” stands as they just don’t look right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Martin.

I have some foundation audio stands with the F logo that came with the Conistons...£25 all in which was a real bargain buy.

I want some gold headed caps on the spikes like those and its given me an idea to have more adjustment from the top.

Nice well made heavy stands...the secret is in the filling

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel SE View Post
    I have some Foundation Audio stands with the F logo that came with the Conistons...£25 all in which was a real bargain buy.

I want some gold coloured caps on the spikes like those and its given me an idea to have more adjustment from the top.

Nice well made heavy stands...the secret is in the filling
    Wow that was a deal , I hadn’t even heard of CSF stands until the guys on here identified them but their quality was immediately apparent.

I'm Martin.

Yes they are very well made. Ive been happy enough with a solid feel and nice finish

Im not sure if they are the be all and end all with central columns as I would prefer four at the corners. I would prefer the Royd (Linn kan style) stands but Ive never done any real sound comparison tests with stands to be honest

I also have some Target ones where I can fill the one oblong strut with sand or shot.

I do feel there is some hype with stands and you probably dont hear much difference unless spending on the Partingtons or something like that.

The Foundations are nice heavy, purposeful stands though

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel SE View Post
    Yes they are very well made. Ive been happy enough with a solid feel and nice finish

Im not sure if they are the be all and end all with central columns as I would prefer four at the corners. I would prefer the Royd (Linn kan style) stands but Ive never done any real sound comparison tests with stands to be honest

I also have some Target ones where I can fill the one oblong strut with sand or shot.

I do feel there is some hype with stands and you probably dont hear much difference unless spending on the Partingtons or something like that.

The Foundations are nice heavy, purposeful stands though

I had some partington dreadnoughts for my Dali icon 3’s, wished I never sold them .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123