+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: My new HIFI room

I'm Mike.

Cheers Oliver

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Justin.

I think it looks great. And the only way sound can annoy others I would imagine is through the ceiling. If whoever is up there doesn't mind you should be able to crank it. So many don't really have that privilege. And it is an important one for me.

So are you lucky in that respect? Or don't you care or listen that loud?

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    I think it looks great. And the only way sound can annoy others I would imagine is through the ceiling. If whoever is up there doesn't mind you should be able to crank it. So many don't really have that privilege. And it is an important one for me.

So are you lucky in that respect? Or don't you care or listen that loud?
    My rule of thumb is if i can't actually feel the bass it's not loud enough i'm actually quite surprised at how good it sounds down there, i was going to get some new speakers, as although i've always had a soft spot the the Mordaunt Short MS45Ti i think they are a lot better than they are given credit for, i was looking at a set of Rega RS5 as in the old room bass didn't quite have the gusto that i liked however in the new room it's there, it's controlled and when the volume is way past sensible listening levels it doesn't go all to pot, like most people here i don't expect night and day differences but this new room has done that, it might have something to do with the new amp of course, but as it's sitting right now i'm concentrating on my TT as i fancy a new arm with better wiring.

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345