+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tuba - Amazing Sound

I'm Justin.

Default Tuba - Amazing Sound

Been listening to a recording with some tuba on it.

The Brandt Brauer Frick Ensemble, album Mr. Machine, track is Teufelsleiter.

Check it out - astonishing sonics. Good for setting off system resonances e.g. there's something loose in my car door LOL. Play loud. Be astonished.

So, what other tuba recordings are out there that are good? I haven't got a clue its not my ballpark. But I want to hear more good tuba.

I'm Steve.

Contact Salvation Army, they might have something
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Contact Salvation Army, they might have something

I'm brian.

many young bands are using the Tuba/sousaphone these days. I love the sound.

here is one of my favourites

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXfLML5fSpI

WARNING.................... its jazz flavoured.

I'm brian.

many young bands are using the Tuba/sousaphone these days. I love the sound.

here is one of my favourites

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXfLML5fSpI

WARNING.................... its jazz flavoured.

I'm Adam.

Yep young British jazzers 'Sons Of Kemet' are all Tuba'd up. It's a great sounding bit of brass.
    It substitutes the bass well. The sousaphone in the martching bands of New Orleans are just wonderful sounding things.
    The Dirty Dozen brass band really nailed it. Coltrane even featured on a Tuba players jazz lp in the early 60's, 'The Ray Draper quintet' on Prestige / New Jazz
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Something by the late Gerard Hoffnung?
    Barry

I'm sorted.

I'm Nial.

John Aint It Hard by Taj Mahal, from the Real Thing has a brass section of four tubas - their entry on the song is a great moment. The tuba is in evidence elsewhere on the record too - Tom and Sally Drake is a duet for tuba and clawhammer banjo.

I'm Justin.

So it seems there isn't a mass of reference quality tuba recordings out there, at least that the forum is aware of, or wants to fess up to.

Thanks for the recommendations and Airplane take

+ Reply to Thread