+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Headphone output from Croft 25RS

I'm Stephen.

Default Headphone output from Croft 25RS

I love my Croft 25RS/7 monoblock amps but have struggled to find a convenient way to listen to headphones without a degradation in SQ.
    Just got the preamp back from Glenn after he added a tube buffer to the line output circuit. I now connect this direct to my Beresford Capella headphone amp and am very pleased with the result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Always a little further

I'm James.

Nice modification Steve and looks very neat. Did you have the 25R before the 25RS as I am thinking of moving to the RS myself.

I'm Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Nice modification Steve and looks very neat. Did you have the 25R before the 25RS as I am thinking of moving to the RS myself.
    Thanks - yes, 25R first then Glenn upgraded it to RS status - definite improvement in clarity, detail and "control"
    Always a little further

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by worrasf View Post
    Thanks - yes, 25R first then Glenn upgraded it to RS status - definite improvement in clarity, detail and "control"
    Good to get the power supply, especially the toroids away from the valves. I need to get this job done.

What valves are you using in the phono stage now Steve. Yours looks remarkably similar to mine especially with the tube rings as I have fitted exactly the same recently and been surprised by the difference.

Bigman80 Guest

Jim, I have had great success with a cheaply bought transformer shield from AliExpress. Total cost Inc postage was £12. If you're getting hum, I'd strongly suggest buying a couple and fitting them. A lot cheaper than expensive second boxes.
    Good to get the power supply, especially the toroids away from the valves. I need to get this job done.

What valves are you using in the phono stage now Steve. Yours looks remarkably similar to mine especially with the tube rings as I have fitted exactly the same recently and been surprised by the difference.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Jim, I have had great success with a cheaply bought transformer shield from AliExpress. Total cost Inc postage was £12. If you're getting hum, I'd strongly suggest buying a couple and fitting them. A lot cheaper than expensive second boxes.
    Could you send me a link Oli? Certainly cheaper than reboxing the toroids!

Bigman80 Guest

Could you send me a link Oli? Certainly cheaper than reboxing the toroids!
    Here you go,
    http://s.aliexpress.com/MryIziUJ?fromSns=Copy to

They do lots of sizes and it took about 14 days to get here. There are some available on eBay too. If you fancy going forward with one, I'll find the person I bought mine from. It's a necessity to have one of these if you have a one box unit like my phonostage. No hum whatsoever. You're welcome bro hear for yourself before you buy mate.

Should also mention I have a steel divider between TF and PCB which will also help with shielding.

I'm Stephen.

I use either Siemens ECC83 as “standard” or Siemens ECC801S or RCA 5751 command series if I want to slightly reduce the gain or tweak the tone for a specific cartridge

Always a little further

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Here you go,
    http://s.aliexpress.com/MryIziUJ?fromSns=Copy to

They do lots of sizes and it took about 14 days to get here. There are some available on eBay too. If you fancy going forward with one, I'll find the person I bought mine from. It's a necessity to have one of these if you have a one box unit like my phonostage. No hum whatsoever. You're welcome bro hear for yourself before you buy mate.

Should also mention I have a steel divider between TF and PCB which will also help with shielding.
    Unfortunately there is not enough space in my 25R to fit these Oli.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by worrasf View Post
    I use either Siemens ECC83 as “standard” or Siemens ECC801S or RCA 5751 command series if I want to slightly reduce the gain or tweak the tone for a specific cartridge

thanks Steve.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast