+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Bye Bye cigs?

I'm Gary.

I gave up when my first baby was born, decided I couldn't hold a cigarette and a baby, that was 38 years ago.

I found that for the first 6 months or so I had to have a packet of cigarettes near me, using willpower to decide not to smoke.

Can't believe how people can now afford to smoke, it seems really expensive!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder5 View Post
    Can't believe how people can now afford to smoke, it seems really expensive!
    It is! One of the reasons I vape now.

I'm Steve.

When my brother became a born-again non smoker, he constantly went on at me about smoking and my lack of willpower.

One day he started on at me about being a drain on NHS resources. My defence was that we are all going to die of something and whatever that is will be a 'drain' on the NHS. If he lived for example ten years longer than me, he will have also have ten more years of drawing a state pension, and when he sees out his days in a care home, telling his son Harry that his son Harry never visits, I won't care because I'll be dead.

It seems that until medicine can get a handle on this, the longer the body keeps going the greater the chance that the head will clock off first.

I do smoke a lot less when he's around, as it's not worth the nagging.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Geoff.

By mistake, I bought three 10ml bottles of mixed berry flavour vape liquid. It was in packs the same colour as the usual tobacco items.

Having tried cherry flavour once and found it disgusting, I expected the mixed berry to be equally revolting, but I was pleasantly surprised, it's actually quite nice!

My usual is normally menthol, as that is fairly innocuous, although I use the tobacco flavour too.

I've now been off the fags since March.

I'm Martin.

Wen to work yesterday left my baccy on the table in the house. No cigarettes all day, didn't bother me. Could have cadged a couple but didn't. Don't know what all the fuss is about. 'Nicotine is more addictive than heroin' - yeah, right. If I was a smack head and didn't fix all day I'd have been climbing the walls.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

I was a moderate smoker (deliberately) and going without a smoke for a day felt a bit strange but nothing I couldn't cope with. Even a couple of days was manageable, but when I was trying to pack up, the need started biting on the third day . The withdrawal symptoms arriving with a vengance. Blurred vision, inability to think straight or concentrate on anything and of course the foul mood! And this just went on and on, week after week. I never did stay off ciggies long enough to 'get clean'.

Vaping makes all the 'nasties' go away. Well, for me at least.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    By mistake, I bought three 10ml bottles of mixed berry flavour vape liquid. It was in packs the same colour as the usual tobacco items.

Having tried cherry flavour once and found it disgusting, I expected the mixed berry to be equally revolting, but I was pleasantly surprised, it's actually quite nice!

My usual is normally menthol, as that is fairly innocuous, although I use the tobacco flavour too.

I've now been off the fags since March.
    well done. my mate and his wife have been using the vapers too very recently and both feel better for it. think she will stick, but not so sure yet on john.lol think hes missing bakky
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andrew.

Google ... popcorn lung
    Came off the vape after 4 months, I now have several large clots in my lungs and am on medication for it , the cause of the clots is unknown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

I'm having no issues at all Andrew. I guess some people can be affected though. Those I know who vape have been OK. Hope your lungs improve mate.

I'm Grant.

my lungs are buggered after my last dose of pneumonia, of which ive had several. add all the chemicals i worked with and smoking.........
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast