+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Bye Bye cigs?

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Never seems to stop the RAF pilots in old war films, they've always got a fag or a pipe on the go.
    yup and spitties used gasolene.... i used to work with highly flammable liquids for years and never caused a fire through smoking, and was sometimes really close
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Kerosene is hardly going to burst into flames with somebody having a fag nearby anyway. If you drop a lit match into some, it will just extinguish the match.
    So what affect does the sun beating down on a metallic sstructure full of kerosene, with a built in ventilation system and a system designed to avoid over pressurisation have? There is a reason you can’t smoke airside, even though Jet A1 is relatively safe.

People that smoke next to no smoking signs in order to “rebel” make me laugh....
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    So what affect does the sun beating down on a metallic sstructure full of kerosene, with a built in ventilation system and a system designed to avoid over pressurisation have? There is a reason you can’t smoke airside, even though Jet A1 is relatively safe.

People that smoke next to no smoking signs in order to “rebel” make me laugh....
    Rebel? Rebel against what?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

I think we should rebel against people that think we shouldn't rebel. It's a basic principle of freedom.

I'm Grant.

From age 16 you can: (Scotland)

Leave school
    If you are 16 between 1 March and 30 September you can leave after 31 May of that year. If you are 16 between 1 October and the last day of February you can leave at the start of the Christmas holidays in that school year
    Leave home
    Without your parent or guardian's consent
    Get married
    Enter into a civil partnership
    Consent to lawful sexual intercourse
    Get a full-time job and pay National Insurance
    Get the National Minimum Wage
    At the rate for 16 and 17 year olds
    Get a skin piercing, without parental consent
    Under 16s need to be accompanied by a person with parental rights and responsibilities, who gives written consent to a piercing
    Apply for a 10-year passport
    Be legally responsible for babysitting
    Buy a pet
    Enter into a legally-binding contract
    If you are under 16, you can also do this if the contract is usual for someone of your age and its terms are not unreasonable
    Get access to adoption records
    If you are adopted
    Record a change of name officially
    Without parental consent

From age 16 you could:

Be prosecuted in the District, Sheriff or High Court
    Under 16 you can be prosecuted in either the Sheriff Court or High Court, but only on the instructions of the Lord Advocate
    Be sent to a Young Offenders' Institution

From age 16 you must:

Pay a full fare on buses and trains
    Unless you have a concession card

From age 16 you can:

Consume beer, wine or cider
    With a meal in a restaurant
    Hold a licence to pilot a glider
    Hold a licence to drive a moped
    Buy National Lottery tickets and bet on the football pools
    Buy Premium Bonds
    Consent to medical treatment
    If you are under 16 you can also consent to medical treatment if you are capable of understanding the nature and possible consequences of the procedure and treatment
    Join the Armed Forces
    Army, Navy and Air Force (most trades)
    Not as an officer
    Need parental consent (if under 18)
    Can apply from 15 years 9 months
    Stand for election as a Community Councillor:
    16 is the recommended minimum age at which you can stand for election as a Community Councillor

From age 17 you can:

Hold a licence to drive a car, small motorcycle or tractor
    Hold a private pilot's licence for an aeroplane
    Give blood
    Train to be an officer in the Armed Forces:
    Army from 17 years 9 months
    Navy from 17 years
    Air Force from 17 years 6 months
    Train to be non-commissioned aircrew in the RAF

but smoke? no way jose
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Kevin.

Rebel? Rebel against what?
    Being told where you can or cannot smoke.
    Obviously as a smoker, half a mile could be a bit much to walk at some stage....

As a non-smoker who has seen the effect the habit has on people close to me, I am quite happy that there are smoking zones so that I don’t have to put up with other peoples dirty habits.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    Being told where you can or cannot smoke.
    Obviously as a smoker, half a mile could be a bit much to walk at some stage....

As a non-smoker who has seen the effect the habit has on people close to me, I am quite happy that there are smoking zones so that I don’t have to put up with other peoples dirty habits.
    No, I just do it to piss off self-righteous wankers. Although I should point out that even outside I will smoke well away from any non-smokers, and not stand right in the entrance.

It's a shame they don't concentrate their energies on something that is actually very harmful, like diesel emissions. Maybe if they'd done that there wouldn't be so many asthmatics around. I suppose that hits them too close to home though.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Dominic.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    From age 16 you can: (Scotland)

Leave school
    If you are 16 between 1 March and 30 September you can leave after 31 May of that year. If you are 16 between 1 October and the last day of February you can leave at the start of the Christmas holidays in that school year
    Leave home
    Without your parent or guardian's consent
    Get married
    Enter into a civil partnership
    Consent to lawful sexual intercourse
    Get a full-time job and pay National Insurance
    Get the National Minimum Wage
    At the rate for 16 and 17 year olds
    Get a skin piercing, without parental consent
    Under 16s need to be accompanied by a person with parental rights and responsibilities, who gives written consent to a piercing
    Apply for a 10-year passport
    Be legally responsible for babysitting
    Buy a pet
    Enter into a legally-binding contract
    If you are under 16, you can also do this if the contract is usual for someone of your age and its terms are not unreasonable
    Get access to adoption records
    If you are adopted
    Record a change of name officially
    Without parental consent

From age 16 you could:

Be prosecuted in the District, Sheriff or High Court
    Under 16 you can be prosecuted in either the Sheriff Court or High Court, but only on the instructions of the Lord Advocate
    Be sent to a Young Offenders' Institution

From age 16 you must:

Pay a full fare on buses and trains
    Unless you have a concession card

From age 16 you can:

Consume beer, wine or cider
    With a meal in a restaurant
    Hold a licence to pilot a glider
    Hold a licence to drive a moped
    Buy National Lottery tickets and bet on the football pools
    Buy Premium Bonds
    Consent to medical treatment
    If you are under 16 you can also consent to medical treatment if you are capable of understanding the nature and possible consequences of the procedure and treatment
    Join the Armed Forces
    Army, Navy and Air Force (most trades)
    Not as an officer
    Need parental consent (if under 18)
    Can apply from 15 years 9 months
    Stand for election as a Community Councillor:
    16 is the recommended minimum age at which you can stand for election as a Community Councillor

From age 17 you can:

Hold a licence to drive a car, small motorcycle or tractor
    Hold a private pilot's licence for an aeroplane
    Give blood
    Train to be an officer in the Armed Forces:
    Army from 17 years 9 months
    Navy from 17 years
    Air Force from 17 years 6 months
    Train to be non-commissioned aircrew in the RAF

but smoke? no way jose
    Always amazed me that you can legally have sex at the age of 16, but you are not allowed to watch even simulated sex in the cinema or via recorded programmes on DVD until you are aged 18.
    CD player = Marantz CD6006
    DAC/pre = Rotel RC 1572
    Power amp = ADA PF201
    Speaks = Quadral Chromium Style 6

I'm Dominic.

It's a shame they don't concentrate their energies on something that is actually very harmful, like diesel emissions. Maybe if they'd done that there wouldn't be so many asthmatics around. I suppose that hits them too close to home though.
    Quick to put messages on fag packets saying that smoking kills, yet you never see any vehicle with the same slogan saying "Vehicles kill", which they do.

When they decided to de-brand all fag packets, they never once considered the poor shop assistants who are doing Stevie Wonder impersonations standing in front of the sea of identical packets looking for your brand and fighting with the sliding doors which never stay still, asking for the third time which ones you want. Poor buggers.
    CD player = Marantz CD6006
    DAC/pre = Rotel RC 1572
    Power amp = ADA PF201
    Speaks = Quadral Chromium Style 6

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by nonuffin View Post
    Quick to put messages on fag packets saying that smoking kills, yet you never see any vehicle with the same slogan saying "Vehicles kill", which they do.

When they decided to de-brand all fag packets, they never once considered the poor shop assistants who are doing Stevie Wonder impersonations standing in front of the sea of identical packets looking for your brand and fighting with the sliding doors which never stay still, asking for the third time which ones you want. Poor buggers.
    Yes those idiotic cupboards they have to hide it all in. The whole thing is so retarded it doesn't really bear thinking about.
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast