+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Caiman SEG making painful noise when changing source or album

I'm Tony.

Default Caiman SEG making painful noise when changing source or album

Hi all... I just wanted to check if this was a known problem before I trouble Stanley with it. When I change to a different track or album (streaming through Airport) I get a loud crackly fizzing noise. Even louder if I am using my Apple TV and changing videos on Youtube or something. It is fine once playing... it is just that second before kick-off it makes a terrible sharp noise. Is this a fault? Should it mute itself till it syncs in to the new track or source? Anyone else had this?
    Thanks all
    Tony

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonostage Records View Post
    Hi all... I just wanted to check if this was a known problem before I trouble Stanley with it. When I change to a different track or album (streaming through Airport) I get a loud crackly fizzing noise. Even louder if I am using my Apple TV and changing videos on Youtube or something. It is fine once playing... it is just that second before kick-off it makes a terrible sharp noise. Is this a fault? Should it mute itself till it syncs in to the new track or source? Anyone else had this?
    Thanks all
    Tony
    I have the same problem and reported it but did not really get an answer. It is a nasty digital "spitting sound" which kicks in when switching between bitrates.

Geoff

I'm Grant.

Sounds like it's dropping the lock.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

On the Apple TV and Airport Express the signal is dropped by the Apple product in between tracks or TV channels. I am not sure why Apple is doing it that way. The SEG will then end up hunting for the signal in order to find it again, or to see if it has changed frequency.
    I myself can't emulate this fault since I avoid MAC products like the plague. But I shall modify one of the Sound Signature options in the Firmware and dedicate that to this kind of timing issue.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    On the Apple TV and Airport Express the signal is dropped by the Apple product in between tracks or TV channels. I am not sure why Apple is doing it that way. The SEG will then end up hunting for the signal in order to find it again, or to see if it has changed frequency.
    I myself can't emulate this fault since I avoid MAC products like the plague. But I shall modify one of the Sound Signature options in the Firmware and dedicate that to this kind of timing issue.
    thought that would be it.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

I am experiencing the problem with my Rpi/Digione. If my playlist includes a mix of 44 and higher bit rate files, the switch is accompanied by the spitting sound.

A firmware update would be very welcome as I am otherwise very happy with the SEG, especially since the cap upgrade.

Geoff

I'm Alex.

It's a shame that manufacturers like Stan have to modify their perfectly good products to run with flawed implementations from other products (sic Mac)

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    I have the same problem and reported it but did not really get an answer. It is a nasty digital "spitting sound" which kicks in when switching between bitrates.

Geoff
    Hi Geoff, yes that is the same symptom, I could live with it for spotify etc but it is really loud when I attempt to use the Apple TV. The set up is sources streamed into an Airport Express then optical from the Airport to the DAC
    You’re not using an Airport Express by any chance are you? Just seeking to eliminate that from my enquiries
    Regards
    Tony

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonostage Records View Post
    Hi Geoff, yes that is the same symptom, I could live with it for spotify etc but it is really loud when I attempt to use the Apple TV. The set up is sources streamed into an Airport Express then optical from the Airport to the DAC
    You’re not using an Airport Express by any chance are you? Just seeking to eliminate that from my enquiries
    Regards
    Tony
    No. I think the problem is about bit rate changes. The SEG does not mute when switching.

I don't have this problem with my M-DAC and the Rpi/Digione.

Geoff

I'm Tony.

Hi... ok thanks very much. I will contact Stanley and see if he is aware of it and also ask if this is the kind of thing that could be controlled using software.. ie some sort of delay written in to the audio output so there is a second or so of silence if you change anything.. or would some sort of relay be needed to acheive this (you can tell I am no engineer!)
    Thanks
    Tony

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast