+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My new turntable, Holbo air-bearing system.

I'm Timothy.

Thanks for your comments Nari. I do think this table is very promising, and also in the price department, it is a good deal cheaper than many of the others. We will see, as I have had limited time actually listening to it, and certainly it is not quite dialed in I don’t think, but what I have heard, I am well pleased all around!

I am starting out at the lower end of things too regarding cartridge, one thing at a time though! I am leaning more and more to the Croft RIAA stage every day, just need to jump on it! More as time permits.
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

I'm Simon.

Tom, $2800 ish for the Convergence according to G.T, he said the review price listed on toneaudio site was wrong.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Timothy.

Simon, thanks for that, I was kind of waiting to see where the US pricing would be on the Convergence. I think the MM version will be slightly cheaper, but even at that, might be more than I want to spend right now. I am sure it is a good one though....
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

I'm Timothy.

Finally after a lot of waffling about on phono stages etc., things are on track! Holbo table finally spinning some vinyl, with Croft Micro 25 pre/phono feeding a Croft Series 7 amplifier and my Duevel Venus omnis.

Still some fine tuning to do, but wow, sounding quite good! It has been a long time since vinyl was spinning in my system!
    Attached Images Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123