+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Amplifiers! What do you have? What do you use?

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Good to have some options. That's a pretty sweet collection.
    The Leak was my grandfathers which I have been slowly refreshing, and was my main amplifier until I got tempted by the Firebottle Jerry was selling.

The Fisher was my first valve amp and has been sat of a shelf in the old man's house since I moved to Ireland, to be honest I should probably move it on.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Source: Thorens TD124 Rega RB300, Sumiko bluepoint No2., Cambridge Audio D500 Special Edition CDP, Squeeze box Touch, PC with Trends Audio USB Audio DAC UD-10 Amplification: Croft Micro 25 basic pre, Leak Stereo 20, Trends Audio Class T TA-10, Fisher X100-A Speakers:Impulse H6 Interconnects: Handmade silver and TNT audio CAT5 speaker cables

I'm Geoff.

Two amps from the 1970s, one British and one Japanese: The Lentek and the Denon PMA850.
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm Martin.

A seriously good choice of equipment on that rack. I want to get hold of one of those Technics DAC some day.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Pete.

Meridian G61R SL Digital Sound Processor
    Meridian G55 5 channel power amplifier
    Meridian 205 monoblock power amplifiers

The 205s provide rear channel amplification when running in surround mode.

The G55 is setup in bridged mode with channels 1&2 bridged to supply 300w Left and channels 4&5 bridged to supply 300w Right; channel 3 is used for the Centre channel when running a DSP surround mode.

The G61R SL has a "Direct" mode which bypasses all digital tweaks and delivers excellent stereo to the G55.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    A seriously good choice of equipment on that rack. I want to get hold of one of those Technics DAC some day.
    Thank you. I have all that in preference to all the other stuff I've owned. NS1000M sit at the end of it and it works in my room. My 801 series 80 in a cavernous space were amazing but they wouldn't work in here.

The technics DAC is something else! $10k in 95 though so there's not many about and this one is a minter, with box and instructions!
    Last edited by oldius; 16-07-2018 at 20:48.
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm Mark.

Default Humble Systems

I have 2 systems, in the solid-state system I use an Adcom GFA 555SE and in the valve system I use a Jolida Fusion 3502P Power Amplifier.
    Each have their own distinct qualities.

Mark

I'm Lee.

Power amps are Audio Note Empress Silver 2A3 monoblocks, pre amp is a Hattor Passive Pre with Tekman Rey resistors. I tried quite a few pre amps with the Monoblocks including Audio Note M3 and Music First passive, in the end and in my system I found the Hattor to perform the best
    Vinyl rig 1 - NAS Spacedeck / FR64s / Lab 12 Melto / Denon SUT / Ortofon GM SPU. Vinyl rig 2 Mono Set Up - Lenco GL75 c/w Jelco 750D / AT33 Mono / EAR 834P Modded. Amplifiers - Audio Note Empress Silver / Hattor Passive Pre. Digital - Fanless Mini PC / Lampizator TRP / Linear PSU / Hummingboard Network audio adaptor. Speakers - Horns.pl Mummy's. Cables are Audio Note / Albedo / Furutech Speaker wire. Power conditioner is a Gigawatt PC2 EVO

TheMooN Guest

Current main rig......

ARC Ref10 Pre sporting 1980's NOS 6h30DR and 1970's GE6550A valves, painfully expencive!

ARC Ref250se Mono-blocks KT180's and NOS valves as per the Pre, the latter impart such an improvment over the current production valves as supplied with the equipment one can but laugh out loud.

I'm Phil.

awesome set up , just been reading about the 160m in this months hi fi news
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Chris.

Transcription Audio 211 SET

[IMG][/IMG]
    Source
    SW1X Universal Music Server UMS I Signature with Power Supply Unit PSU I Signature
    SW1X USB II
    SW1X DAC III Special
    Audiolab 6000 CDT transport
    Amps
    Pre amps -- Hi fi Collective twin mono ladder stepped attenuator, with Charcroft Z-foil and silver wired. And First Watt B1 active no gain buffer.
    Power amps -- Welborne 45 SET monoblocks 1.8W / Decware Taboo 6W / Elekit 300B TU-8600SVK plus further improved components 9W / ICE Power 1000W
    Speakers
    Highly modified Endorphin P17 open baffle speakers containing both vintage and modern alnico drivers and paper cones. All silver wired - 8" Cube Audio FC8 full range drivers and vintage 15" Altec VOTT 416 bass drivers. All sat on Townsend Audio Podium seismic isolation platforms.
    BK Electronics XLS400FF Sub.
    Cabling
    Silver mains cables, interconnects and speaker cables by SW1X
    Headphones
    HRT HeadStreamer and SennHeiser HD650 headphones

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast