+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Nelson Pass B1 preamp build

I'm Oliver.

Spent a couple of hours on the DCB1 today,

I now have power to the board and switches nicely fitted.

The Khozmo is in place and just need to cut the extender bars to fit. Just measuring up for the Elma selector switch.

I need to buy and fit two more RCA sockets too.

Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 MK5 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Bigbottle Jfet MC Valve Phonostage (Telefunken & Tesla Valves)
    Digital: NONE
    Amplification: Nelson Pass DCB1 & Monarchy Audio SM-70 Class A Amplifier
    Cables: Fisual S-Flex Speaker Cable & SPOTFIRE IC Cables & NEW SPOTFIRE Tonearm cable
    Speakers: Pioneer CS-77A

I'm Ian.

This is my DCB1 built by a friend for me. I went a bit foo with Khozmo attenuator, Audio Note Tantalum resistors and Mundorf caps but it's defintely worth it!

Michell Orbe + SME IV + Accuphase MC-5 + Trilogy 907, Cyrus CDt + Bluesound Node2 + DiDiT 212SE DAC, DIY DCB1 pre + DIY Aleph 60 monoblocks, DIY CAOW1 standmount speakers

I'm Josie.

There is nothing foo in regards to the Khozmo. Had one for years and have always been very nice.

Sent from my 9001X using Tapatalk

I'm Gary.

Won't the knobs stick out a bit.....lol.....sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Spent a couple of hours on the DCB1 today,

I now have power to the board and switches nicely fitted.

The Khozmo is in place and just need to cut the extender bars to fit. Just measuring up for the Elma selector switch.

I need to buy and fit two more RCA sockets too.

I'm Oliver.

Looks very well made.

Somehow, on mine, the predrilled hole isn't central so the volume knob is off centre!!!!

Pants.
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 MK5 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Bigbottle Jfet MC Valve Phonostage (Telefunken & Tesla Valves)
    Cables: Fisual S-Flex Speaker Cable & SPOTFIRE IC Cables & NEW SPOTFIRE Tonearm cable

I'm Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder5 View Post
    Won't the knobs stick out a bit.....lol.....sorry
    Lol

I'm Oliver.

Fixed the knobs lol

I'm Oliver.

More progress.

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    More progress.
    That big toe nail has seen better days!
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Garrard 401, Russ Collinson 'shindo style' plinth / Tenuto gun metal mat / SME-3012 j7 rewired / audio-technica ATP-12T - phonomac modified / Ortofon Vintage SPU GTE /Shure M3D / Ortofon Royal N / Cartridge Man Music Master with isolator / Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Vintage GE VRII mono / Amps: Radford STA25 mk3 / David Coe AD Audio 'Satchmo' pre & phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / Digital: SW1X Audio Design DAC 1 signature / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC custom crossovers / Cables: Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture sapele rack

I'm Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    That big toe nail has seen better days!
    Lol, I know!! It's been dead since I broke the original off at MMA (Mixed martial arts as seen in the UFC)

Nasty injury that, opponent trod on my foot wile my toe was folded under itself. Broke the toe and popped the nail off. It doesnt grow properly now and when I've been swimming it literally just pulls off lol. Makes the kids cringe when I do it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast