+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Nelson Pass B1 preamp build

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 337alant View Post
    From the back panel each input pair (L & R channel) go directly to the switch, lets say input 1 left channel to the first outer tag pin after the mounting bolt and right channel to the opposite tag, input 2 to the next pair of opposite tags and work you way round with all you inputs.
    The R & L switch outputs are the 2 inner tags, run wires from these to the R&L Inputs of the stepped attenuator .
    Join all of your input grounds together for each channel with a tinned wire, run a wire to your start earth point and back to the Stepped attenuator grounds

The L&R outputs from the attenuator go to the Pre amp input L&R

I use a start earth point at the output Grd of the power supply caps so you would need 2 grounds from there to the ground on the amp board input

The output from the amp board go to you RCA outs on the back pannel

Note make sure that bolt on the transformer does not touch the top pannel or ou will get a short on your transformer

Hope this helps

IMG_0089 by Alan Towell, on Flickr
    Hi Alan

Thanks for the information. I understand most of that better than expected lol.

One question,

How do I know what channel is what on the attenuator there are no markings at all!!!

Bigman80 Guest

Oh!! It doesn't matter does it lol, as long as it's R in and R out to the R RCA it'll be right lol.

Can you tell I haven't done it before 🤣

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Oh!! It doesn't matter does it lol, as long as it's R in and R out to the R RCA it'll be right lol.

Can you tell I haven't done it before ��
    Oliver Yes you got it just keep you lefts and rights in phase all the way through the amp from input to output

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

Bigman80 Guest

Thanks Alan,

I really appreciate your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by 337alant View Post
    Oliver Yes you got it just keep you lefts and rights in phase all the way through the amp from input to output

Alan

Bigman80 Guest

Spent a couple of hours on the DCB1 today,

I now have power to the board and switches nicely fitted.

The Khozmo is in place and just need to cut the extender bars to fit. Just measuring up for the Elma selector switch.

I need to buy and fit two more RCA sockets too.

I'm Ian.

This is my DCB1 built by a friend for me. I went a bit foo with Khozmo attenuator, Audio Note Tantalum resistors and Mundorf caps but it's defintely worth it!

I'm Josie.

There is nothing foo in regards to the Khozmo. Had one for years and have always been very nice.

Sent from my 9001X using Tapatalk
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Gary.

Won't the knobs stick out a bit.....lol.....sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Spent a couple of hours on the DCB1 today,

I now have power to the board and switches nicely fitted.

The Khozmo is in place and just need to cut the extender bars to fit. Just measuring up for the Elma selector switch.

I need to buy and fit two more RCA sockets too.

Bigman80 Guest

Looks very well made.

Somehow, on mine, the predrilled hole isn't central so the volume knob is off centre!!!!

Pants.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder5 View Post
    Won't the knobs stick out a bit.....lol.....sorry
    Lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast