+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Don’t you just hate people who....

I'm Russell.

In the US jeans are the standard uniform. Unless there’s a dress code, everyone wears jeans. Unless you’re at Walmart, then you’ll see many people, women especially, who are wearing sweat pants, younger ones in pajamas! Yes, people wearing pajamas in public.

Russell

I'm Martin.

Most of the supermarkets here banned people from shopping in their nightwear as it was starting to catch on.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Most of the supermarkets here banned people from shopping in their nightwear as it was starting to catch on.
    Next they need to ban fat women with huge saggy arses from wearing skin tight leggings! (do these creatures actually realise what they look like? )

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Indeed... It seems none of them own a mirror!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

Spitting on the pavement should be a capital crime. I think we should sort that out first before we turn on the fat chicks
    Current Lash Up:

I'm brian.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Next they need to ban fat women with huge saggy arses from wearing skin tight leggings! (do these creatures actually realise what they look like? )
    And they often have mouths to match there appearance !

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Spitting on the pavement should be a capital crime. I think we should sort that out first before we turn on the fat chicks
    And walking about town pissed with a can of beer in one hand.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    And walking about town pissed with a can of beer in one hand.
    That would thin the numbers out round here. Town centre would be deserted.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Co View Post
    On the subject of suitable clothing I was only thinking the other day, when an old fella (like me) wears jeans .... well, they don't look right do they, I mean what's a pensioner doing walking around in Levis? Surely they should be sporting some beige slacks with an elasticated waist and a generous collection of assorted food stains. But when I was in the USA a few years back old geezers in their 80's were always in jeans (and baseball caps) and it looked perfectly normal, cool even.
    As ever with these things, it's how you carry it off, and some folk can do it better than others (much like with beards and ponytails). One thing that helps, is if the jeans concerned actually FIT properly.

I've seen lots of old guys wandering around in jeans three sizes too big for them, so not only is the arse all baggy, but of course the waist is slacker than a whore's vag... Not to worry, that's easily solved by strapping yourself in, sausage-like, with a nice belt!

Plus, at the other end, the legs are WAY too long, so the answer there of course is to have 6-inch turn ups, then pop on a pair of suit shoes!!

Perhaps an idea would be to buy the right size in the first place?

Anyway, never mind jeans on OAPs, what about SHORTS, ably displaying boney legs covered in an unsightly network of varicose veins??

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

Shorts on a man are unacceptable unless you are on holiday in another (hot) country. Or in the military on a tropical posting.

I know blokes who can't wait to put shorts on as soon as the sun peeks out and then keep them on until October. What is the fascination? It's never hot enough here for them to be necessary and anyone over the age of 12 looks like a complete dick in them.
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast