+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup Russia 2018

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

That was an odd experience, watching the bulk of the players that played in the last two games sat on the bench.
    Cracking goal from Januzaj, but other than that it was a decent workout for lesser used players for both teams.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm James.

How's the betting going Martin, are you up?

I'm Martin.

£12 up. From £82 in bets. And I think I've still got a couple of quid to collect. But I took a bath on the second games in the groups, most of the profit I made on the first games got wiped out there. And a tenner on Germany to win the tournament, that slip got ripped up last night.

Still have a tenner on Spain to win. I might put some bets on the knockout games. Not decided yet.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    £12 up. From £82 in bets. And I think I've still got a couple of quid to collect. But I took a bath on the second games in the groups, most of the profit I made on the first games got wiped out there. And a tenner on Germany to win the tournament, that slip got ripped up last night.

Still have a tenner on Spain to win. I might put some bets on the knockout games. Not decided yet.
    Tricky tournament to predict I feel. No way would you have thought of loosing money so early on Germany!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Default England 0 Belgium 1

Lol - I'm refusing to talk about politics on this thread, but there's a LOT I could say to that post of Tom's, and some of the others that have been made on the subject!

Anyway, Macca was right. Apart from a great goal by Belgium, and another solid performance from Celtic's Boyata (my team), it was a non-game. Rashford should've scored with that great chance he had and, for me, Vardy's out of his depth at this level, so England really need to keep Kane fit, as there's not a lot of back up.

Pickford, for me, is an accident waiting to happen against the better teams, with his continual desire to punch the ball, rather than catch it, and I think England will struggle against Columbia. They may rue making so many changes and not putting out a stronger team against Belgium, and trying to win the match or get a draw, then playing Japan instead.

We shall see!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

I left the tv on ITV after the match finished and eventually Piers Morgan came on and started talking. I've turned it over now of course but is that what always happens nowadays if you leave it on ITV for too long?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

Its a tricky competion to call with a range of team abilities. Enough of it is down to the group placings where you dont see Brazil, Germany, England and France in an opening group.

I wonder what would have happened if England had played Germany and it could have gone either way.

England are not the best in the world. They are far from the worst but I dont see a team going much further. There just something about England as they seem to be winging or fluking it against the better teams.

I didnt see a real spark of talent or energy against Belgium. They were beaten by a better side. Japan play with passion and I could see Japan or Columbia beating them.

We are not the best in the world and the English premier league is packed with foreign players.
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 29-06-2018 at 10:31.

I'm givingyouaprettygoodclue.

I thought Gareth Southgate gave a good "read between the lines" interview after the match - would've been nice to win but long term strategy favoured finishing second, however from a political perspective he could never say that in as many words.

I think all we know is that England B isn't as good as Belgium B and England A have yet to receive a robust test.

Pete

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete The Cat View Post
    I thought Gareth Southgate gave a good "read between the lines" interview after the match - would've been nice to win but long term strategy favoured finishing second, however from a political perspective he could never say that in as many words.

I think all we know is that England B isn't as good as Belgium B and England A have yet to receive a robust test.

Pete
    Colombia are a very good side, the key will be James Rodriguez who picked up an injury, if he's fully fit? A real matchwinner and can turn a game, remember his goal vs Uruguay four years ago, magnificent.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Hugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I left the tv on ITV after the match finished and eventually Piers Morgan came on and started talking. I've turned it over now of course but is that what always happens nowadays if you leave it on ITV for too long?
    Cleaning up the resultant vomit is also a right pain in the arse .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast