+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 49 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup Russia 2018

I'm Adam.

Wowza! this all got a bit heated....
    That Patriotic flag waving nonsense does bring out worst in all nationalities to a degree.

And all that anti England stuff on the thread is just silly and playing devils advocate.
    The Welsh, Scots and Irish can't stomach it because they are simply shite at sport, especially football.

I totally agree Gary Lineker is a HOT MEAT STROKER, along with Jermaine Penis and don't get me started on that donut Neville. So I generally watch with the TV on mute as the shite they spew is, well, utter shite!

But it was very funny watching Manuel Neuer make a cock up and Germany crash out. I personally only wanted them gone because they are so mentally strong and are always in contention. 1 less to worry about.

As for wanting a team of pretend French players to beat England. How utterly unsavoury and preposterous!
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Indeed. Belgium's colonial record was far worse than Britain's.
    Agreed, but having worked in and closely with so many people in Britain's former "colonies" it is naive to think that there is no residual memory of that experience.

Again, what was so bad about the BBC commentary?

Geoff

I'm Geoff.

BTW

I still don't understand why Scotland did not choose independence. I am currently living in the East Midlands and given the choice I would choose to be independent from a London centric government

I think the Union is living on borrowed time and a republic is only a generation away!

On that calming note .....

Geoff

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    BTW

I still don't understand why Scotland did not choose independence. I am currently living in the East Midlands and given the choice I would choose to be independent from a London centric government

I think the Union is living on borrowed time and a republic is only a generation away!

On that calming note .....

Geoff
    Dream on!
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    Dream on!
    For an East Midlands Autonomous Republic?

I'm joe.

Agreed, but having worked in and closely with so many people in Britain's former "colonies" it is naive to think that there is no residual memory of that experience.

Again, what was so bad about the BBC commentary?

Geoff
    Dunno; didn't hear it. I notice though that those getting most aerated about it are from countries whose teams didn't make it this far in the competition.

I'm joe.

For an East Midlands Autonomous Republic?

Democratic Republic of East Area Midlands.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Democratic Republic of East Area Midlands.
    Rule Midlandia has a nice ring to it!

I'm joe.

Of course, once the East Midlands gets independence, it's only a matter of time until the breakaway republic of Derbyshire is formed. Incidentally and amusingly, Wikipedia tells us that:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Midlands

'The East Midlands is one of nine official regions of England at the first level of NUTS for statistical purposes.'

I'm Martin.

From the 'Rough Guide'

'Leaving the Democratic Republic Of East Midlands: You will be required to pay an exit tax. This is currently (as of 2018) 2 carrots.'
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 49 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast