+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm chris.

Default Hello...

Just a few works to describe my "Hi-Fi Journey" which began in my teens with some listening to other peoples systems. Most notably at the time was a Quad 33/303, ELS 57, a Garrard 405 with SME tracking something I cannot remember, but I do remember being most impressed. Further listening at the time included some well constructed tape recorders and being involved in some recording work. One thing and another, and I purchased a second hand Leak Stereo 20 with varioslope preamp at an affordable price, fed in the first place with a Garrard SP25, with a B&O cartridge. I built some Wharfdale kit speakers in the kitchen much to the annoyance of dad who objected to the chipboard dust (which later in life I describe as toxic and would ban from any workshop). Sometime I had heard some Rogers speakers, and I scoured the second hand adds in the local papers and local Hi-Fi shop until eventually I found a pair, and they were installed in my system, replacing the Wharfdales. Via further Leak equipment and Mitchel turntables the journey led one way and another to a system of Alphason Sonata turntable, Atlas psu, Alphason HR100 MCS tonearm, Audio Technicia AT OC7 cartridge, Naim 62s/140/HiCap/NAT 02, the Rogers BBC Studio Export Monitors, a pair of LS3/5a, oh, and I got a Meridan 208B CD player. All this has been purchased second hand over many years as I could never afford new pricing and I was prepared to wait. Still, it is frightening to tot up the investment!!
    Last edited by pyeman; 12-06-2018 at 21:55.

+ Reply to Thread