+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something Solid XF stands

I'm Michael.

Default Something Solid XF stands

Could anyone tell me please if a pair of these stands with dimensions 19cm x 21 cm are likely to support my new speakers with dimensions 28x33cm correctly?
    A Google image search shows me stands having very similar dimensions to speakers.

I'm Lawrence.

They'll work but not as designed. I think SS stands, and open stands in general, are made to be the same size as the speakers that sit on them.

I'm Bill.

Peter at Deco Audio is your man.
    Chord Mojo / Sennheiser HD600

I'm Michael.

Thanks folks. I spoke to Ian at HiFi Corner. Looks like my choice is made to measure Something Solid XF stands or something like the Target R if I can get 70cm tall ones. Not over keen on the look of the heavy industrial stands though.

I'm Gary.

The Atacama Nexus 700mm has a smaller toplate than is best for you, but the toplate is held in place by three bolts. It would be easy to replace this with one suited for your application, and keep the centre of gravity correct.

They can be mass loaded too making them more stable.

There's a pair on eBay on the moment currently about £30.

Gary

I'm Michael.

Gary - I used to own a pair and i don't think they would be rigid enough. I used to own a pair many moons ago. The De Capos are very heavy too.

I'm Michael.

What I would love are a pair of Core Audio Design stands. They are very(too) expensive but look great. They are adjustable wooden frames made in the US.

I'm Dave.

They need to be the same dimensions as the speakers for stability if nothing else.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Avinunca1 View Post
    Could anyone tell me please if a pair of these stands with dimensions 19cm x 21 cm are likely to support my new speakers with dimensions 28x33cm correctly?
    A Google image search shows me stands having very similar dimensions to speakers.
    My Something Solid SL24 will be ideal.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Ian.

There's a pair of Something Solid SL24's on ebay right now, £50 or best offer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast