+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DD Heaven? We'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by shane View Post
    Well, it's arrived, and I have to say a bit of a curate's egg. The good news is that the motor and electronics are fine, and the chassis, although scruffy, is sound. The plinth arrived with a split corner, but it's a really horrid flimsy concoction of plastic and chipboard so will be discarded anyway. Likewise the lid is in several pieces. The most difficult part is the arm. The headshell is drooping by about 10 degrees, the bearings are loose and the auto mechanism is all over the place but I don't think there's anything there that can't be sorted out. The difficult bit is the counterweight; this is a rather clever piece of lateral thinking which consists of two weights, one inside the other, each suspended on a rubber mounting to damp out resonances in the arm. Both rubber mountings have come apart so both weights are loose on the stem and I simply cannot see how to take it apart. It may be a case of just glueing the whole thing together, but I'd like to start off with the arm functioning as it was designed, so thinking caps on...
    Hope this illustration can help
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Give me the good ol' turntables..
    Thorens lovers forum admin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12