+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CROWN music centre SHC-5500

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

That's a lovely thing, Andrew, and would have been pretty expensive in its day. I'd imagine it will sound decent, the T/T in particular, if the cartridge isn't shagged, although the weak points in these things were notoriously the amplification and speakers.

Good fun, though!

So what's with buying all this quality vintage gear - are you setting up as a dealer?

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    That's a lovely thing, Andrew, and would have been pretty expensive in its day. I'd imagine it will sound decent, the T/T in particular, if the cartridge isn't shagged, although the weak points in these things were notoriously the amplification and speakers.

Good fun, though!

So what's with buying all this quality vintage gear - are you setting up as a dealer?

Marco.
    Hi Marco , I hadnít thought of myself as a dealer , just having fun with it but if thatís a hint ? I just donít sell enough to be a dealer I donít think.
    Let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nooooooooooooooo.... Not at all, mate

You enjoy yourself. I just wondered what your plan was to do with it all?

Marco.

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

I'm Andrew.

Nooooooooooooooo.... Not at all, mate

You enjoy yourself. I just wondered what your plan was to do with it all?

Marco.

Restoring these bits gives me great pleasure Marco , if and when I do sell the items itís usually at cost unless I have bought something for next to nothing and it has a high value but most of the time I fuck up ( the jblís for example)
    Iíd love to be in a position to make a living from a hobby but as we talk I canít get to the back of my garage.

Nice one, Andrew. Carry on, mate. It's of no interest to me what you sell your refurbished stuff for, even if it was to members for a small profit, as I'd simply see it as providing a valuable service to the AoS community

I think what you're doing is great, as I'm all for restoring vintage equipment and giving it to a good home, or simply doing it as a hobby. It's also something that's of great interest to our members, so keep it up!

Marco.

BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

I'm Andrew.

Default CROWN music centre SHC-5500

Nice one, Andrew. Carry on, mate. It's of no interest to me what you sell your refurbished stuff for, even if it was to members for a small profit, as I'd simply see it as you providing a valuable service to the AoS community

I think what you're doing is great, as I'm all for restoring vintage equipment and giving it to a good home, or simply doing it as a hobby. It's also something that's of great interest to our members, so keep it up!

Marco.
    Thanks Marco thought I was heading for the naughty step there ..... do you need any Hifi BTW

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by andyrlb View Post
    Thanks Marco thought I heading for the naughty step there ..... do you need any Hifi BTW

My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Modified Technics SL1210 MK5G
    Mike New precision bearing, bearing base plate, ETP Platter
    Micro Seiki MA-202 tonearm, rewired, hybrid ceramic bearings
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge
    Yannis Tome 423.5 Silver-Litz tonearm cable with KLEI Pure Silver Harmony plugs
    Ebony armboard
    Audio Technica MS-8 Magnesium headshell, Ortofon pure silver headshell leads
    Isonoe Isolation Feet
    Paul Hynes SR7EHD PSU (plus regulator modules), DCSXL pure-silver DC lead with Jaegar low impedance connector
    CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable, Airlock plugs - bare wire amp end.
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket, Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs with Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

Naughty step? I'd be worried you'd enjoy the spanking...

Marco.

BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

I'm Ian.

I had something very similar to that way back in the 70's. I had a paper round and worked on a farm at weekends and with Christmas and birthday money I bought a National Panasonic music centre. To me it was the best thing I'd ever heard, I was like a dog with two dicks in a street full of lamp posts. I don't remember the model number but it was very much like this one. Happy days.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    My stuff; Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774 /Ortofon Quintet Black, Cambridge CXC CD transport/Musical Fidelity X DAC/Musical Fidelity X10v3 tube buffer, Musical Fidelity A3, Nakamichi CA-5E pre amp, Acoustic Solutions FM/DAB tuner, Mordaunt Short Signifer, Klotz MC5000/MS audio, NVA LS5

I'm Andrew.

Hi Ian , i remember seeing National Panasonic ones , very nice .
    I’m looking forward to hearing this one tomorrow though I doubt the Wharfedale Linton xp3’s ( they came with it ) will do it justice so I’ll hook up my radfords to it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast