+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A setup from Milan V2.0

I'm Eugenio.

Default A setup from Milan V2.0

New life, new house, new dedicated room and some new hifi equipment.

Despite the small size of the room I am very satisfied with the result.

My system:
    Analog sources: modified Technics SL-1210 Mk2, , Benz/Empire Troubadour 698 LTD
    Cartridges: Van den Hul Grasshopper IV GLA, Lyra Delos, Transfiguration Spirit, Ortofon MC-20 Super, Denon DL-103 SA
    Digital source: Denon DVD A1 (modified by Aurion Audio) - Apple Mac Mini + Schiit Eitr
    Phonostage: Rega IOS + onboard phonostage of Burbester 011
    Power Amp: Burmester 911
    Preamp: Burmester 011
    Loudspeakers: Burmester B25
    Headphones: Denon AH D2000

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Ciao Eugenio,

Nice system, and interesting choice of components. I'm sure it sounds great. One small (but very significant) thing I'd compliment you on is how your TV sits behind your equipment, rather then directly in between the speakers, as so often is the case, and which completely ruins the sound!

The amount of system pics I see posted where there is a huge TV or cabinet stuck right in between the speakers always makes me go [oh shit]... So well done for not doing that.

Anyway, enjoy the music, as no doubt you will!

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

I'm Eugenio.

Ciao Marco, grazie!

The oled TV is a new entry (btw I love it), I've listened for some months without it and - very luckily for me - there were no particular variations in listening compared to the "naked" wall.

In the future I would like to make a sliding panel on tracks with an acoustic diffuser material to be placed in front of the TV that should be moved only when watching TV.
    But it is not very easy to make for me, I think I will study the best solution for a while
    My system:
    Cartridges: Van den Hul Grasshopper IV GLA, Lyra Delos, Transfiguration Spirit, Ortofon MC-20 Super, Denon DL-103 SA
    Digital source: Denon DVD A1 (modified by Aurion Audio) - Apple Mac Mini + Schiit Eitr

I'm Timothy.

Eugenio, very nice gear and space! Congrats on the new house, new gear! I too have the issue of TV in between my speakers, but as you say, there are options, have fun working on that! Thanks for sharing your photos!
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Lehmann Decade/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. HD580
    Equipment on BASE Isolation platforms/DH Labs cabling

I'm Grant.

Got an old denon similar to that.. nice set-up
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER24, SPOTIFY - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS/VOLUMIO/5V BATTERY - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by eu_73 View Post
    Ciao Marco, grazie!

The oled TV is a new entry (btw I love it), I've listened for some months without it and - very luckily for me - there were no particular variations in listening compared to the "naked" wall.

In the future I would like to make a sliding panel on tracks with an acoustic diffuser material to be placed in front of the TV that should be moved only when watching TV.
    But it is not very easy to make for me, I think I will study the best solution for a while
    Grazie, non č niente. Quello che ho scritto č solomente la veritą!

Message to others with TVs incorporated into their systems: do what Eugenio has done, as it makes a huge difference, especially if you value creating any semblance of a soundstage!

I like the idea of a sliding panel on tracks. If you get around to doing that, please show some pictures.

Inoltre, devo anche dire che scrivi proprio bene l'Inglese. Bravo!

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

I'm Eugenio.

Hi Timothy,

thank you! :-)
    My system:

I'm Eugenio.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Got an old denon similar to that.. nice set-up
    Hi Grant,
    thank you!
    That's a (very) old Denon Dvd A1, it has been modified with a totally new output stage, fed by a new dedicated power supply. The machine has 2 digital inputs and so I use it mainly as dac.
    I like it so much... sometimes I come up with the idea of replacing it with something more recent and performing, but when I think of the necessary costs I immediatly put a stop to it :-D
    My system:

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by eu_73 View Post
    Hi Grant,
    thank you!
    That's a (very) old Denon Dvd A1, it has been modified with a totally new output stage, fed by a new dedicated power supply. The machine has 2 digital inputs and so I use it mainly as dac.
    I like it so much... sometimes I come up with the idea of replacing it with something more recent and performing, but when I think of the necessary costs I immediatly put a stop to it :-D
    will be good with all that done to it.. mine is a 2900.. not bad but using an oppo now
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER24, SPOTIFY - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS/VOLUMIO/5V BATTERY - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm Eugenio.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post

Inoltre, devo anche dire che scrivi proprio bene l'Inglese. Bravo!

Marco.
    Grazie!

Troppo buono
    My system:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast