+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: A setup from Milan V2.0

I'm Eugenio.

Substitution: leave the field Burmester 911 + 011 replaced by Pathos con InPower + Incontrol.

Also Rega IOS has gone, I'm looking for a valid alternative
    My system:
    Analog sources: Basis 2001 signature + Vector 4 tonearm
    Cartridges: koetsu Urushi Vermilion, Transfiguration Spirit, Ortofon MC-20 Super, Denon DL-103 SA
    Digital source: Denon DVD A1 (modified by Aurion Audio) - Apple Mac Mini + Schiit Eitr
    Phonostage: DIY Ear 834 clone + Denon HA 1000
    Power Amp: Dsonic M3a-1500M *2
    Preamp: Grandinote Proemio
    Loudspeakers: Proac EBS

I'm David.

Looking good Euginio, those Pathos amps do look the business.

I'm Peter.

Very nice set-up! I have an Empire 698 that I may want to replinth to be able to use with a second arm - an SME 3009R - that would be put at the back or on the left hand side. This would force me to rotate the turntable either 90 degrees or 180 degrees in the new plinth, whatever makes the more convenient result.

What made you choose your current plinth for the Empire 698 (apart from the coolness factor of the see-through material)?
    I'm Peter, Denmark: AD Audio Satchmo 3 Line Stage + EAR 516 + Quad ESL 57 + EAR 324P + PTP6 Acoustand L75 + Poul Ladegaard tonearm/Denon 103D + Fidelity Research FR24 mk ii/Decca Maroon + Leak Stereofetic FM Tuner + B&O Beocord 6500 Cassette Deck + Synology DS 415+("upgraded" to 8gb memory) cabled to Win10 PC - JRiver - Paul Pang USB-splitter cable - Linear 5v psu - Nuforce U192s - Line Magnetic 502CA DAC

I'm Eugenio.

Quote Originally Posted by antonio View Post
    Looking good Euginio, those Pathos amps do look the business.
    Thank you David :-)
    My system:
    Cartridges: koetsu Urushi Vermilion, Transfiguration Spirit, Ortofon MC-20 Super, Denon DL-103 SA
    Digital source: Denon DVD A1 (modified by Aurion Audio) - Apple Mac Mini + Schiit Eitr

I'm Eugenio.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosewind View Post
    Very nice set-up! I have an Empire 698 that I may want to replinth to be able to use with a second arm - an SME 3009R - that would be put at the back or on the left hand side. This would force me to rotate the turntable either 90 degrees or 180 degrees in the new plinth, whatever makes the more convenient result.

What made you choose your current plinth for the Empire 698 (apart from the coolness factor of the see-through material)?
    Hi Peter Thank you.

Regarding my turntable... there is a brief history behind it.
    In late 80s the swiss company Benz purchases the Empire, in particular to acquire the technology of the cartridges. Also included was a batch of 20 Empire 698.
    Also included was a batch of 20 turntables
    Mr. Ernest customized the 20 Empire 698 by replacing the plinth with a plexiglass one and some other minor upgrades (I ignore where and how in the turntable)
    My system:

I'm Peter.

Hi Marco. Thanks for the piece of history. I knew that Benz acquired Empire in the 1980s but not that a small batch of Empire 698s were modified after the benz take-over. I am interested because I consider making a new plinth for my Empire 698. Therefore, a photo of the "underbelly" of the Empire 698 would be great just to see what Mr. Benz did to "his" Empire turntables.

Which cartridge did your Empire come with?
    I would love to have a listen to your set-up!
    I'm Peter, Denmark: AD Audio Satchmo 3 Line Stage + EAR 516 + Quad ESL 57 + EAR 324P + PTP6 Acoustand L75 + Poul Ladegaard tonearm/Denon 103D + Fidelity Research FR24 mk ii/Decca Maroon + Leak Stereofetic FM Tuner + B&O Beocord 6500 Cassette Deck + Synology DS 415+("upgraded" to 8gb memory) cabled to Win10 PC - JRiver - Paul Pang USB-splitter cable - Linear 5v psu - Nuforce U192s - Line Magnetic 502CA DAC

I'm Eugenio.

Hi Marco. Thanks for the piece of history. I knew that Benz acquired Empire in the 1980s but not that a small batch of Empire 698s were modified after the benz take-over. I am interested because I consider making a new plinth for my Empire 698. Therefore, a photo of the "underbelly" of the Empire 698 would be great just to see what Mr. Benz did to "his" Empire turntables.

Which cartridge did your Empire come with?
    I would love to have a listen to your set-up!
    Originally it mounted an Empire Mc2000, which unfortunately was stolen years ago along with the headshell, as I loaned the turntable for the exhibition in a hi-fi exhibition.
    In the weekend I'll take some better pic of the Troubadour
    My system:

I'm Peter.

Thanks! If you don't want to clog up this thread, I can message you my email address.

Too bad about the cartridge!

I'm Timothy.

Eugenio, I certainly do enjoy looking at those Mangers and sub combination. I keep wondering how they might sound together. Lovely setup you have there!
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

I'm Eugenio.

Thanks! If you don't want to clog up this thread, I can message you my email address.

Too bad about the cartridge!
    With a little delay ....

My system:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast