+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Beobloke blog - Beoblog?

I'm brian.

Usher s tonally flat according to what hi fi ?. Still I will back the judgement of the 3 wise men over W. Hi fi .

I'm Jerry.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    I'm not keen on the Strathies, but oi loiks the look of the receiver bottom left - is a close up of that planned?
    Jerry

Qobuz 16/44 streaming, Topping D30 DAC with lpsu, Herron VTSP-2 valve preamp, Trigon TRE 50M monoblocks, MBL 116F speakers.

Cables: Wireworld Starlight USB, Ixos Ixotica i/c, W&M speaker cables, Belden 19364 mains cables

I'm Buriedunderaloadofturntables.

Quote Originally Posted by tapid View Post
    Usher s tonally flat according to what hi fi ?. Still I will back the judgement of the 3 wise men over W. Hi fi .
    Thatís interesting to know and I do, of course, completely respect WHFís right to an opinion.

Even thought itís complete arse in this case...
    Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    I'm not keen on the Strathies, but oi loiks the look of the receiver bottom left - is a close up of that planned?
    Yes, I can do that for you at some point. Itís a Yamaha CR-500 and quite a sweet sounding little thing.
    Adam.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    Yes, I can do that for you at some point. It’s a Yamaha CR-500 and quite a sweet sounding little thing.
    Left side, looks like an Akai. I have one of their tuners and that amp looks like the match for it, or it could be a Pioneer.
    Regards Neil

System 1 (Living Room) : Vinyl: AMG Giro Turntable, AMG 9W2 Tonearm, AMG Reference Armcable, Air Tight PC3 MC Cartridge PhonoStage: Passlabs Xono Digital: Esoteric P5 SACD Transport and Esoteric P 5 DAC, Sony HAP Z1es Digital File Player + Audioquest Jitter Bug, Computer Audio: Veracity Audio Mystra DAC + HP laptop + iFi Audio i Power, Wireworld Starlight USB + Audioquest Jitter Bug Tuner:Magnum Dynalab MD102 + Magnum Dynalab Signal Sleuth FM Amplifier Cassette Tape: Nakamichi CR5e Integrated Amplifier: Balanced Audio Technology VK300se Speakers: Anthony Gallo Reference 3.1 Audio Cabling: Signal - Atlas Mavros, Audience AU24 Speaker - Atlas Mavros. Mains Cabling: Audience AU24, Analysis Plus, TCI. Mains Distribution: Mark Grant Distribution Blocks, Mark Grant DC Blocker Equipment Tables: Target Audio B series + Track Audio Isolation Spikes Isolation/ Platforms: Bright Star Audio Isonodes, BASE 01, SSC Platforms.

System 2 (Music Room) : Vinyl: Turntable 1 Loricraft Garrard 401 Turntable + SME 5 Tonearm, Graham IC70 Tonearm Cable + VDH MC10 cartridge Turntable 2 Modified Technics 1200 turntable + Triplannar 7 Tonearm + VDH Frog Gold Cartridge + Paul Hynes SR7 PSU Turntable 3 SME Model 20 Turntable + Graham Phantom Tonearm + Graham IC70 Tonearm Cable, Ortofon MC5200 Cartridge PhonoStage: Balanced Audio Technology VK10se Digital: Moon Andromeda CD Player, Toshiba 9500 DVD Audio Player Computer Audio: AMR DP777 DAC + Dell Laptop + iFi Audio i Power + JKenny JKSPIDIF + Wireworld Starlight USB Tuners: Kenwood 8300 Tuner, Revox B760 Tuner, Leak Troughline Tuner + EAR Stereo Decoder ReelToReel Tape: Revox B77 mk 2, Revox A77 mk3, Sony TC-377 Cassette Tape: Nakamichi DR10 Headphone: Audio Valve RKV2 OTL Valve Headphone Amp, Headphones Grado GS 1000, Sennheiser 560 Ovation2, Sennheiser 410SL Pre-Amplifier: Balanced Audio Technology VK52se Power-Amplifier: Music Reference RM200 mk1 Speakers: Anthony Gallo Reference 3.5 Audio Cabling: Signal - Audience AU24, Kimber KCAG, Audio Note ANVs, Barry Hunt Cables Speaker - XLO Type 6. Mains Cabling: Audience AU24, TCI. Mains Distribution: Mark Grant and Russ Andrews Equipment Tables: Clear Light Audio Aspekt Tacks Isolation/Platform: SSC, Bright Star Audio Isonodes, Naim Frame Record Cleaner: Hanns Audio

I'm Paul.

Smile Yamaha GT 2000...

Hi Adam,

Have you any update on progress with the Yamaha that arrived on these shores somewhat the worse for shipping company handling!? You may be building up to it, so apologies if you have it in the pipeline!

Oh, and if I've missed it...sorry!

Very best wishes,

Paul.

No, sorry Paul - I have all the bits and theyíre all repaired; I just still havenít got my backside into gear and reassembled it.

Fear not, though, thereíll be pictures here and in the original thread in the Analogue section when itís done!
    Adam.

I'm Paul.

Hi Adam,

That's a relief...I was beginning to fear the worst, although your amazing repair on the plinth should have told me that this was a project that would come to fruition!!

As you were, Sir, as you were!

Best Wishes,

Paul.

Some B&O fun.

First up a Beogram CD50 CD player for a new transport belt and a general clean-up of its internals, which had solidified somewhat!

Adam.

Default A Beobloke blog - Beoblog?

And a Beogram 2000. Bought for £21 and sold as 'making a scraping noise' - it's also filthy. Sadly, this one's still currently mid-fettle as we had a power cut last night at 7pm and it didnít come back on until 5am!

Last edited by Beobloke; 10-07-2018 at 15:04.
    Adam.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast