+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: A Beobloke blog - Beoblog?

I'm Adam.

I have to just say Happy Birthday to B&O.

96 years old today!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Grant.

more power to their elbow. great company and the mm cart of theres' i had was old but super good. ah one day maybe
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Often dismissed by the ignorant as being just "Habitat Hi-Fi", Bang & Olufsen are the exemplar for high quality audio components with impeccable styling.

https://www.beoworld.org/article_view.asp?id=30

I have half a dozen of their cartridges and a tuner.

Happy Birthday.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Often dismissed by the ignorant as being just "Habitat Hi-Fi", Bang & Olufsen are the exemplar for high quality audio components with impeccable styling.

https://www.beoworld.org/article_view.asp?id=30

I have half a dozen of their cartridges and a tuner.

Happy Birthday.
    I know a lady whose late husband had a top of the range set up by B&O, costing many thousands, then when she moved house she didn't even bother taking it with her as it didn't suit the new house.

Instead she had Beo A9s (in bright red) installed in many of the rooms, and I have to say they sound great. She just tells them to play something, and away they go. So for her £15k or so she has stylish looks, great sound and zero hassle. Not so daft after all.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Adam.

More goodies into Beobloke Towers…

First up, the Yamaha EQ-M77 graphic equaliser that completes my Yamaha 99 series midi system (well, except for the NS-99AV speakers and, frankly, they look crap so I’m not bothering with them!)

And an interesting one - a Yamaha PF-800 turntable.

Whilst giving their home market and the USA the delights of the GT-2000 and PX-1/2/3 linear trackers in the early 1980s, this is what they sent Europe and the UK. It’s a suspended sub chassis belt drive deck, so you can see why they thought it might have been popular! Sadly, the lack of Linn badge and weird cult surrounding it meant that not very many were sold.

Rumour has it they’re quite good, though, and I’ve fancied trying one for a while so when this boxed, mint example popped up for a decent price, it seemed rude not to grab it.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Steve.

Looks like a solid bit of kit. Interesting arm, I wonder what the science behind that is
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Jacques.

What a turntable that is!
    So much more inspiring than a dull LP12…☺️
    If it's broke fix it.

I'm Adam.

Another crazy new purchase and my second attempt at acquiring a working one! Wish me luck...

Thorens TD224AJS_2m.jpg

I'm Jacques.

Beautiful Adam. Count me jealous.
    Good luck then ☺️
    If it's broke fix it.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Ah - the ultimate audio cuckoo clock!

Good luck with that one!
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast