+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: A Beobloke blog - Beoblog?

I'm guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    Tonight’s job - belt change on both decks of an Aiwa AD-WX727 double cassette deck.

I have to say - hats off to Aiwa for the design. Five screws to undo and each mechanism just lifts out.

Two screws to undo the motor and both belts are easily accessible. It was a pleasure of a job, and that’s a rare thing to say where cassette belts are concerned!

Hi Adam, where do you source your replacement belts?

I have looked up the topic on the internet and there seems to be an American supplier who was/is highly thought of by some, but has had a lot of negative comments recently regarding delivery.
    Also my reading of internet comments, regarding adverse effects on wow and flutter results with some suppliers belts (tape heads etc) has made me very cautious/nervous of the whole process.
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Adam.

I usually use Thakker in Germany but they haven’t stocked last few sets I’ve needed. Consequently, I’ve bought my last few belts from eBay user webspareparts_es in Spain - that’s where the Aiwa ones came from

Good quality, fit perfectly and fast postage so I’ll definitely use them again.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    I usually use Thakker in Germany but they haven’t stocked last few sets I’ve needed. Consequently, I’ve bought my last few belts from eBay user webspareparts_es in Spain - that’s where the Aiwa ones came from

Good quality, fit perfectly and fast postage so I’ll definitely use them again.
    Cheers - I have two Aurex PCK60 AD decks which aren't working. Just opened one of them and one of the belts has turned to a tar like substance could be tricky trying to sort it.

Edit: bugger just opened the second - exactly the same
    Last edited by guy; 08-01-2022 at 17:33.
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718