Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
Oops!

No need to mince your words just because it's mine, I'm not offended, I just wanted to explain the availability of the aforementioned information.

I haven't made all the information available on the thread but if anyone has had a question about Gain, Loading, measurement points, alternative parts etc, I have all of that and will share it with anyone who's bought a PCB. It really is a very simple project and one that in personal research has been very reliable. If it wasn't, I'd never have offered them out because I don't make anything on the PCBs. It was a not for profit project. I don't own the circuit, I didn't design it and would never suggest I have the ability to do so. The plan was to see if any electro-numpty, like me, with a soldering iron and will power, could build their own phonostage. I can tell you from first hand experience that they can IF they do exactly what the BOM and build guide says.

No fancy equipment is required and that was the goal! It's like a jigsaw puzzle and once you put it together, there should be no variation between any other Bigbottle phonostage.

I knew there's be resistance to the project because I won't share the circuit diagram but you don't need it, not for this project anyway.

O
Well done , out of curiosity (if you can share) what's the MC gain and RIAA accuracy , how have you tested f. responce (or RIAA accuracy) with reverse RIAA and white noise?
Unfortunately I have too much on my plate at the moment to start another DIY thingy but if you have a unit I could borrow for a week or two I would gladly compare it with my Paradise and take some independent measurements ( up to my ability) if you wouldn't mind .