+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Amp and speakers for £1,000 recommendations please...

I'm matt.

Slightly over budget and a bit of a mismatch, but how about - JBL and one of these?

I'm frank.

Anything PA will prob be compromised in the bottom end as the smaller 12+ horn or 15+horn are not much use below 60-70hz and usually partnered with subs.
    Buy these now. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tannoy-Sa...EAAOSw1iNbBSvY
    Plenty of bottom end for your room, great stereo and versatile enough for if your music tastes expand.
    And add a decent 100w/ch amp and you are good to go..
    Last edited by cooky; 04-06-2018 at 11:12.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by fatmarley View Post
    Slightly over budget and a bit of a mismatch, but how about - JBL and one of these?
    No bass on those JBLs, they are for cinema use and need subwoofers
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

If you want to do this on a shoestring, just get a pair of Wharfedale Dovedale III speakers and drive them with a Denon PMA-350SE amp. It'll work fine and give a decent enough sound with plenty of punchy bass. All second hand obviously and probably cost a total of no more than £150! And it'll be reliable.

I'm matt.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    No bass on those JBLs, they are for cinema use and need subwoofers
    Oh, didn't realise that. Just saw the size of them and assumed wrong...

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by fatmarley View Post
    Oh, didn't realise that. Just saw the size of them and assumed wrong...
    I checked them out a couple of years ago, thought the same as you initially.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Andrew.

Default Amp and speakers for £1,000 recommendations please...

Quote Originally Posted by Vaseline Coated Chicken View Post
    I’d like some speakers and an amp to play my music through. I mainly play my music through Spotify and iTunes. I mostly listen to techno, house and rock n roll.

I’m no audiophile and apologies in advance if this makes me sound like a noob but I’d like some speakers that are loud & bassy if possible and I’d also prefer to purchase second hand.
    I have an Ion obelisk 3x and x-pak 1 and some absolutely beautiful pmc FB1’s , all under budget and the active meridians too .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Parcelmonkey View Post
    Are the Meridian M2's still for sale on here? Although small in size, loud enough for most purposes with good tight bass and easy to add a source to?

And definitely under budget but won't do massive trouser flapping...

If you're in the Midlands, not a massive trek to MK to see.

There's one suggestion for you. Good luck in your quest...

Ade
    Cheers Ade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by andyrlb View Post
    I have an Ion obelisk 3x and x-pak 1 and some absolutely beautiful pmc FB1’s , all under budget and the active meridians too .
    Could do a lot worse than go for that little set up. Should hold its value too.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

fancied the obelisk myself.. good amp
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast