+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: Crap Weather for June!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    We have what we refer to as summer and winter duvets (based on TOG value), proper real feather ones, which we interchange as necessary, so they're very light but effective. I don't think we've used the summer one yet this year! We've been sleeping either under a thin sheet, or nothing.

Gonna try a couple of these JML 'Chillmax' pillows: https://www.wilko.com/en-uk/jml-chil...E&gclsrc=aw.ds and see if they're any good

Anything just now to stay a little cooler at night!!

Marco.
    We got a couple of these chillmax pillows last year, to place between my legs as I was suffering with excessively sweaty scrotom. Problem seems to have passed, so you can have them if you want. Come with free ballbag sweat stains

Seriously, they do work up to a point, but they're quite small and I struggled to keep it where I wanted it. I didn't want my face directly on it, so I would place it inside the pillow case. But then it would move around.

From what I've heard about the shape of your face, they might work fine for you
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Aren't you all hot and sticky now at night?

Depends on what I was dreaming about...

No not at all. Doesn't bother me. In the Caribbean first thing I do when I get in the hotel room is shut the air con off. I like it warm.

I hear you about recirculated air. I'm not suggesting having it on night and day, just use it for an hour or so at night before you go to bed. The room will slowly heat back up again but by that time you're sound asleep.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    We got a couple of these chillmax pillows last year, to place between my legs as I was suffering with excessively sweaty scrotom. Problem seems to have passed, so you can have them if you want. Come with free ballbag sweat stains

Seriously, they do work up to a point, but they're quite small and I struggled to keep it where I wanted it. I didn't want my face directly on it, so I would place it inside the pillow case. But then it would move around.

From what I've heard about the shape of your face, they might work fine for you

Cheeky bastard! I can have the shape of yours 'nicely rearranged', if you like?

I'll take your Chillmax pillows only if there's a nice whiff of cheese off them (Gorgonzola is a particular favorite), and a few wiry pubes stuck to the surface, so I can pick them off and use them as dental floss. Ya get's me?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

Marco, if you're considering a ceiling fan, it's worth taking time to check the quality of them. You do get what you pay for. The cheap ones can be quite ineffective, wobble like buggery and worst of all can be quite noisy.

I know you wouldn't buy a cheapo anyway, just a heads-up about the variations in quality.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Steve.

Cheeky bastard! I can have the shape of yours 'nicely rearranged', if you like?

I'll take your Chillmax pillows only if there's a nice whiff of cheese off them (Gorgonzola is a particular favorite), and a few wiry pubes stuck to the surface, so I can pick them off and use them as dental floss. Ya get's me?

Marco.
    I wouldn't mind having my face re-arranged, it could only be an improvement!

T'other system:

A/V:

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Depends on what I was dreaming about...

No not at all. Doesn't bother me. In the Caribbean first thing I do when I get in the hotel room is shut the air con off. I like it warm.
    Always said you were a mad bastard... Probably sleep in your tracky bottoms too, just for added nutter effect!

Aye, wouldn't fancy washing yer sheets after another wet dream about Lindsay Lohan.

I hear you about recirculated air. I'm not suggesting having it on night and day, just use it for an hour or so at night before you go to bed. The room will slowly heat back up again but by that time you're sound asleep.
    Yeah, I know. However, it'd be another ugly modern gadget we could do without, whereas a retro-looking ceiling fan would be quite cool. Plus, it could be used to dry out my underpants.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Marco, if you're considering a ceiling fan, it's worth taking time to check the quality of them. You do get what you pay for. The cheap ones can be quite ineffective, wobble like buggery and worst of all can be quite noisy.

I know you wouldn't buy a cheapo anyway, just a heads-up about the variations in quality.
    Nice one, and noted. And no, we don't believe in buying cheapo anything. Stuff has got to be quality and built to last.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Gotta watch the chiggers too.
    As I said.

The little blighters got me today. I've got tiny itchy bites on my ankles and the top of my feet.

What are chiggers? Never heard of them.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Geoff.

What are chiggers? Never heard of them.

Marco.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trombiculidae

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast