+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help! Buzzing interconnects on a 1210GR

I'm Gary.

We're probably drifting off topic now, but it is interesting.

Bend radius has an effect on signals, hence specifications of minimum radius in Cat xx used in computer networking, I don't know if it's relevant to the signals we are talking about here?

I suggest if anyone wants to expand on this we start a new thread.

Gary

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder5 View Post
    We're probably drifting off topic now, but it is interesting.

Bend radius has an effect on signals, hence specifications of minimum radius in Cat xx used in computer networking, I don't know if it's relevant to the signals we are talking about here?

I suggest if anyone wants to expand on this we start a new thread.

Gary
    Can't imagine anyone will want to chat about that Gary

Just joking, its way out of my remit.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by RothwellAudio View Post
    Sorry, I missed that. Yes, there's a layer of carbon loaded polymer next to each conductor. I don't know what it's for. The manufacturing process may make it easier to have it than not have it - I don't really know.
    Suspect it is to prevent tribolelectric charges building up through flexing/handling. Many hand-held microphone cables have a semiconducting layer under the brading, however the Carbokab cables would seem to be too thick for use with microphones.

I have a pair of Sommer Carbokab cables wired for balanced use with XLR connectors. I found the presence of the carbon-loaded layer next to the inner conductors to be a nuisance: it has to be completely removed otherwise the conductors won't 'tin' properly.
    Barry

I'm Andy.

Thanks for the advice all, I'll try a Mark Grant cable (as 2.5m seems very affordable) and see how that goes.

I'm Andy.

Change of plan - I've ordered the Rothwell Audio interconnects instead as I've not used those before. I've got some of the Rothwell attenuators and they work very well, so I thought I'd give the cables a shot too.

Bigman80 Guest

I've used some of the cable used in Rotwells "the river" cables myself so you won't go far wrong with these. Not a bad choice at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRadish View Post
    Change of plan - I've ordered the Rothwell Audio interconnects instead as I've not used those before. I've got some of the Rothwell attenuators and they work very well, so I thought I'd give the cables a shot too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123