+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bug is back

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Bksabath View Post
    Attachment 29071

I am working on the soft start board

whit 2 800 Va transformers the surge current at power up is far to hi to safely rate the fuses

I am going to use 2 relays for each transformer the first one power the transformer trough a thermistor the second relay to bypass the thermistor

Four delay on timers will take care of the sequence

It has it's own supply from the mains whit a small block transformer
    Neat!

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

I'm Sandro.

Thanks Mark

I do not like the “blue” PCB version
    The Zenner supply is quite …all that said I have used the blue boards on 2 previous build and they are adequate
    Besides any PSU whit 300 VA or more need a soft start
    I have 2 X 800 VA traffos
    DSCF2676[1].jpg
    I am going to start whit same simple circuit for the on off signals
    The blue boards use 12 V relays that do need 2 times as much current than the 24 V
    The ones I am using are "solid" and have spare terminals for the Thermistors

I am looking at the ULN 2003 supply can go up to 50 V and is an array of 7 Darlington’s Each output is capable of 500 mA
    Its das look quite interesting the 3 spare outputs can be used as on off and standby function
    I will start a simpler version of the timing circuit that closes the relays in sequence
    I need 150mS delay between RL1 and RL2 probably a longer time for RL3 to kick in and trigger RL4 after another 150Ms
    The function of RL1 and RL3 is to power on the transformers
    While RL 2 and 4 do the Thermistor by Pass
    There is also the possibility to Include an ARDUINO Daughter board
    This is going to be to far above my head but what about using the Arduino as speaker protection?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm Sandro.

DSCF2691.jpgDSCF2691.jpgNelson Pass on his favorite amps, playing with distortion, and his 21 inch subwoofer - YouTube

Well while I was standing by the door waiting for the postman to drop of bit and pieces for the F6 I had a one of those strokes of genius

The Magies do same things really well but they could do whit a tweeny litlle bit of bottom end

So I got 2 Beyma 15 in woofers and started searching for same 15 in Pipe

Unless you are over the pond or willing to pay for export and such I could not find any

Is it going to stop me?

I am making one out of glue and paper

Pipe Od 400 mm and 2440 mm long, which turn out to be the space between the Magies

The woofers are going to be face to face so Isobaric like and the pipe is going to be a transmission line whit 34Hz resonant frequency
    PMC do transmission lines but I tend to walk straight out of the door when I ear them we shall see

Gogle them up !

I'm Sandro.

PS F5 is still work in progress It will be done do not you worry about that

I'm Max.

Will your glue paper pipe be strong enough and/or have usable resonant properties? If it doesn’t have to be perfectly round inside, mitred battens (via railway or table saw) could be glued together.
    I couldn’t even begin to contemplate such a project, waf and space issues. The Ripol approach used by voxativ for their woofer assists is much more space friendly.

I'm Sandro.

I hope so it is an open ended tube after all and being made whit scrap paper most of the money is spent on the PVA glue besides it is going to be at least 10mm thick

The woofers are 15ML100 not cheap but not to expensive either and one must have a couple of spare woofers yes?

I solved the waf problem 3 year ago , or did she solved the FiFi problem ?

I am going to ang it of the ceiling behind the telly as I do not have the head room

I'm Sandro.

Today I had beans

DSCF2695.jpg
    DSCF2696[1].jpg

Sorry wrong forum
    Today I made a circle

I'm Sandro.

I nearly finished the Pipe'O tube

Ingredients

As before
    A tube former to work on

2.4 meters by 390 internal diameter

DSCF2700.jpg

Decent PVA glue this can be diluted a loot and is ideal

DSCF2699.jpg

Due to the current situation no free news paper so I have used this for the first layers cut in to strips between 4 and 5 inches wide
    follow the grain and when soaking it whit PVA water solution it will stretch more in one direction cut the strips so that as it dry and shrink making the all thing tight
    brush over whit wet brush to get rid of air pockets overlap each strip about 50% and do not fuss much about lining them up
    cover the tube whit first run of strips and then turn and cover the tube whit more strips and then turn and cover the tube whit more strips and then turn and cover the tube whit more strips and then turn and cover the tube whit more strips
    till you run out of it letting the layers dry in between

DSCF2698.jpg

I tried a roll of this as well both papers work ok if I am going to do this ever again I stick whit the brown heavy paper
    one may need 2 rolls of this

DSCF2697.jpg

to finish off cover the tube whit a couple of layers of inexpensive decorating cloth
    When buying this from the hardware store grab a few rolls and then find a scale in the shop and pick the heavy one's as they do vary a lot and short ones will not cover the all of the tube
    again lay one layer on stretch it as much as you can then "paint" over it whit the PVA solution

It does take a loads of time surface area is 2.4 m X 1.4 m and considering a 50 % overlap on both directions a loads of elbow grease

I'm Sandro.

I had a first listen to the El Pipe O yesterday !!!!!

Few things got wrong
    One of the woofer's is faulty out of the box and I glued my hair while working on the Circle
    Here is a cross section of the Pipe

DSCF2702.jpg

Circle in place and glued to the tube
    Rivets not working to well will need same better way
    DSCF2704.jpg

First woofer mounted then the is a 9mm spacer and the second woofer will face the first one the magnet on the outside and the 2 connected out of phase in Parallel

DSCF2707.jpg

And here it is suspended from brackets and hidden by the telly

DSCF2708.jpg

I am using this as cross over for now whit the Sub input taken from one of the Magies

DSCF2709.jpg

The cross over need same work
    I will post more when I get the second woofer and done same testing and calibration
    It sound pretty good BTW

Speed is brilliant and the integration whit the Magnepan is spot on, was playing at silly levels yesterday and the single woofer was barely moving but it's contribution to life and impact on the reproduction made a night to day difference and all this whit an uncanny ability for it to be disappear Incidentally ben tuned at 33Hz it is 2.4 meters long the output at both ends is in phase and the ends happen to be right behind the Magies

(I moved them a few inches out of the way to take the picture)

Already I don't know how I was living whiteout it

Try this

MEUTE - Hey Hey (Dennis Ferrer Rework) - YouTube

I'm Martin.

I heard this yesterday and its come together nicely, it is very well integrated and has a real snap to it that helps with integration. No sluggish boxy bass here at all, im looking forward to hearing in Isobaric and with the new crossover, also I think some additional power would really get the best from it. Not like other subs but has its benefits for sure, directionality and integration being huge bonuses, if I ran my BK monolith at the same crossover frequency directionality would be an issue.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast