+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bug is back

I'm Sandro.

They sound OK as well Yes?

where one go from here ?
    I bought 32 small capcitors yesterday and already have 100 or so each of the FQA and FQP

I'm Martin.

I have been enjoying the amplifiers for a couple of weeks now and to say I am pleased is a huge understatement. Usually when I compare components I would listen for the improvements and differences in presentation but with these it is not even comparable to what Im used to or even anything I have heard before. It is a case of 'what amplifiers'? they do not sound like Hifi in a traditional sense. The sound is unlike recorded playback but more like studio monitoring or a live performance in my listening room. The textures, dynamics, emotion and so much more is akin to being there with the performer, so in comparison to anything I have heard its more real and enjoyable than ever. In the realm of hifi I can understand what improvements there are in terms of control, dynamics, pace, texture and detail on all points I am completely satisfied with the abilities of these amplifiers. I really can not find any room for improvement other than from my accompanying components will now need to be fine tuned and a new cartridge has been installed with a new phono stage to complete the system at a level I feel I could never of achieved with conventional options available on the market and certainly within my budget. Some friends have also heard them and the response has been nothing short of WOW, they have shared my feelings, in the fact they just dont sound like hifi.

My system consists of DIY F5 V3 TURBO monoblocks, Wilson Benesch Discovery speakers, Pioneer PLC 590 turntable with Pioneer PA5000 tonearm and Supex 900 MC super cartridge, Musical Fidelity M6 Encore connect preamp and streamer, Trichord Dino mk3 with NCPSU, Puritan mains conditioner for source, James Audio mains conditioner for power amps, Audioquest NRG10 mains leads throughout, QED Signiture interconnects and QED Supremus speaker cables.

I'm Sandro.

Well now one need to listen to that Supex
    Not tried the Solid silver cable ?

I'm alan.

Sorry ..... But being a bit of a newbie.
    And without wishing to be rude..........

WTF is this thread all about

Ta.

I'm Sandro.

Pictures may explain
    It is a record of things I am building keeping busy and out of troubles and making a few peoples happy

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by thingfish View Post
    Sorry ..... But being a bit of a newbie.
    And without wishing to be rude..........

WTF is this thread all about

Ta.
    Sandro and his friend have built DIY F5 V3 Turbo amplifiers.

And done quite a fantastic Job of it by all accounts.

Well done guys. Love the finished look.

I'm Sandro.

Thanks Oliver
    I hope one day you get a chance to listen to them

Martin one's exceed any exspetation we both had
    I will have them back as we decided to do a bit more work on the Fan controllers
    Must say when same xxxx start a post whit "no wishing to be rude" he only make me wish he stick to other treads maybe even other forums.
    The 150 years old slate for the side's deserves same better pictures it is quite a nice material to work whit and it does take quite well thread inserts (V coils)
    The acrylic on the other hand is a real pain to work whit

Next here there is going to be a secret project that I have on the back burner for a few years , say no more

A D.I.Y. cable ...
    And I am hitching to build a pair of F6
    I already have 704,000 uF capacitors for it

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bksabath View Post
    Thanks Oliver
    I hope one day you get a chance to listen to them

Martin one's exceed any exspetation we both had
    I will have them back as we decided to do a bit more work on the Fan controllers
    Must say when same xxxx start a post whit "no wishing to be rude" he only make me wish he stick to other treads maybe even other forums.
    The 150 years old slate for the side's deserves same better pictures it is quite a nice material to work whit and it does take quite well thread inserts (V coils)
    The acrylic on the other hand is a real pain to work whit

Next here there is going to be a secret project that I have on the back burner for a few years , say no more

A D.I.Y. cable ...
    And I am hitching to build a pair of F6
    I already have 704,000 uF capacitors for it
    Take no notice mate, they are a sight to behold!

You've done well. I'd love a listen.
    Last edited by Bigman80; 11-06-2019 at 14:46.

I'm Sandro.

Quote Originally Posted by Bksabath View Post

A D.I.Y. cable ...
    Sorry for quoting myself same progress on that front
    The dude that sells Gekko cables had same surplus cable on sale on Ebay
    Martin and I got 4 meters each at £12 meter

I put it on my system a few days ago whit same phono Plugs and have just got a text phone / phone call from Martin he finished his
    You can scrap the QED Signature cables from Martin list of toy's and the 2 meters spotfire cable I have may came up for sale
    I just have to wait to get same super duper KLE phono plugs to finish off mine

Do not bother to look at Ebay the cable is not longer listed I got another 10 meters of it before Martin beat me to it
    We have a cable guru on AOS and PM have been sent
    One practically can scrap the Diy cables from my list of things to do

I was wondering the other day about this tread and the title
    "The Bug is back" blipping right spot on and now I can confirm it is contagious...

One is going to loose a friend if he call to talk about is FiFI at 12 AM (PM for same)
    I just finished a Night shift of a 72 hour week F.F.S.

I'm Sandro.

DSCF2503.jpg

It has been a long time since my last post here
    Things are going to pick up again

Teaser enclosed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast