+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shure cartridge for Sme 3009 improved

I'm Dee.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    It might be a good idea for you to download a SHURE cartridge manual from that era, they are available on vinylengine forum and this should answer all your questions.
    Done that... they don’t really address my issue....it’s not an earthing issue as I haven’t had the problem with a Goldring 1042 or the Denon dl110.Ive swapped headshells and cartridge leads to no avail... Am I missing something...or do I have a duff cartridge? Still waiting for a heads up on what the M designation stands for....

I'm Andrew.

The "M" is possibly the diamond type. Like HE being Hyper Elliptical. Maybe "M" could be for mono-aural?
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Dee.

Found the cause of the hum on the Shure..a cartridge lead with an intermittent break that finally broke off.One replacement lead later and all is as it should be..just sitting back and getting to know the sound of the V15 111..Then I’ll decide on a stylus replacement
    Talking about styli, found the following on Audio Karma....in response to what does the M in vn35e-M stand for ,the following...”I don’t know what the M stands for,but it is a vn35e that was sold with a particular turntable.TT manufacturers entered into agreements with Shure to include their cartridges and they were identified as such”

And on a German language website
    ....the VN35E M. for ShureV15 LM Type 111.....

The V15-111 Lm is a V15-111 potted in a Dual cartridge carrier that came with the European 701 model...

Answered my own questions... but thought the findings might be of interest to others....Dee
    System... THORENS TD160 Super in Purpose built plinth.

SME 3009 S2 improved ,Van Den Hul hybrid interconnect and rewired by J7 at Audio Origami with Vdh silver wire.

ARKLESS 640P Phono amp..Currently using Denon Dl103
    But have Denon dl110 HoMc cartridge....Shure v15 111. as reserves

YAMAHA Cr2020 receiver overhauled and upgraded by Select 45rpm

Denon dvd 3910(transport) Monarchy Audio M22C Dac..
    Monarchy Audio Dip Classic

Tannoy Cheviot speakers ( cones and surround replaced by Lockwood)

TEAC X1000R r2r

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12