+ Reply to Thread

Thread: For sale - Art Audio Quintet

I'm Geoff.

Default For sale - Art Audio Quintet

Selling on behalf of a good friend and neighbour:

Art Audio Quintet Integrated in mint condition both sonically and visually.

This one has 3 line level inputs and operates in pure class A, generating a surprisingly meaty 15wpc. It’s had no trouble driving and controlling any speaker I’ve used it with including Tannoys, Audio Physic and Wilson Benesch.

This had a health check by Tom Willis at Art Audio in mid-2014 which it passed with flying colours.

The amp has the highly regarded ‘Definitive Audio’ upgrades so is a cut above the standard version. Its sound is as detailed and sweet as you’d expect from el34’s, however, it’s surprisingly fast and punchy (not the typical wooly valve sound), it sounds big and goes deeper than many solid state amps I’ve run along side it.

I’ll probably regret letting this go, but sadly its just not getting much use.

I’m looking for £1,400 which includes 2 sets of Winged ‘C’ el34’s, one used and one unused. Jan Philips ecc82 and Psvane ecc83’s. (I also have some NOS Mullard EL34’s available for £200)

If you want to see more pictures, or higher resolution ones just ask. I have pictures of the inside showing the Definitive Audio Mods which is basically lots of massive high-grade and expensive capacitors.

I have the original packaging so could post this, however, I would prefer collection when you can also listen to it and have a coffee!
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm Geoff.

Here are the photographs. I have heard this many times and it is a beautiful amp.
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.

I'm Geoff.

That's very nice and looks in lovely condition. I do like EL34 amps.

I'm Geoff.

It really is a lovely amplifier.

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

That is just a beautiful thing.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Edward.

Geoff, are your NOS EL34 Mullards £200 each or for a quad set? Did you measure them recently?

Beautiful looking amp by the way - lots of love shown in the design/finish.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardlon View Post
    Geoff, are your NOS EL34 Mullards £200 each or for a quad set? Did you measure them recently?

Beautiful looking amp by the way - lots of love shown in the design/finish.
    I'll ask and get back to you.

I'm Rob.

This is my amp, I was going to offer the Mullard EL34's (XF4 codes) to the buyer as they sound amazing in this amp. £200 was for the set. I have no way of testing them, I have used them forless than 200 hours, they sound gorgeous.

Anyone is welcome to come (Liverpool) and audition this, it sounds as good as it looks.

I'm Brook.

Stunning amp, I have the power amp version, also with Definitive Audio & Living Voice mods, & it is fantastic, I can't even imagine how I would feel if I had to sell it, & how I could possibly replace it.
    Good luck with the sale, someone is going to get a wonderful amplifier.

+ Reply to Thread