+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Carole King -Tapestry. Which Version?

I'm Grant.

Fortunately, by sound of things, I can say with pride that Ive not heard of them.
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10, AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS, TIDAL - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS/VOLUMIO/5V BATTERY - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Fortunately, by sound of things, I can say with pride that Ive not heard of them.
    You have, bloke and his sister, sister plays the drums. Thought that you don't need a bass player. Thought wrong.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Technics SLP1200 CD Player * NVA P90SA passive pre / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

'This is the sort of music I'd be listening to if I was going shopping for a training bra.'

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    You have, bloke and his sister, sister plays the drums. Thought that you don't need a bass player. Thought wrong.
    still doesnt ring any bells.
    Regards,
    Grant ....

OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10, AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS, TIDAL - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS/VOLUMIO/5V BATTERY - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    still doesnt ring any bells.
    That was Anita Ward...
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Technics SLP1200 CD Player * NVA P90SA passive pre / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

'This is the sort of music I'd be listening to if I was going shopping for a training bra.'

I'm Grant.

just looked up the white stripe... nope, ive never heard of them... anita ward ive heard of... a one hit i know of, with ring my bell. disco number the strippers liked to dance to.....apparently
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    ps, they were husband and wife in reality apparently, but kidded on to be siblings. he is surprisingly wealthy with over 40 mil dollars...
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I'm Clive.

For those who enjoy Tapestry I suggest Live in Hyde Park. I have the CD with Blu Ray. It's excellent, she was 74 when this was recorded and she still had the voice. It's amazing when you look at what she's been involved over the years. Really quite prolific.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tapestry-Li.../dp/B072K3PSCJ
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + OL Encounter mkIII + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Fanless i5 Skylake ASUS H110T Windows file server with HDPLEX LPS / Allo USBridge into Ciunas Audio ISO-DAC & Pi/DigiOne into Metrum Musette
    Preamp Hagerman Cornet 2 phono stage, John Chapman's Slagleformer-based AVC-1 into Transcendent Sound Sub Buddy
    Power Amp Temple Audio Monoblocks with Supercap LPS/ 300B WE91 SE Monoblocks
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti One

I'm Sean.

I really like the album and the follow up Music.

I'm Nat.

This LP always reminds me of my mum I have a very early memory about 3 years old and sitting on her lap whilst she sang So Far Away. There where quite a few of us kids so that moment was quite unique and so I do love that song.
    I have an early UK pressing and also the Mobile Fidelity which I bought with a bent corner for a tenner.

I'm Grant.

Just thought I would add an excellent live version of tapestry. Live in Hyde park on double vinyl.
    Regards,
    Grant ....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast