+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Goodbye Moode, hello OSMC/Kodi [with a Raspberry Pi]

I'm Grant.

Matroska format video.. not sure it will
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10, AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS, TIDAL - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS/VOLUMIO/5V BATTERY - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Never heard of it. Is that for accessing Russian brides on TV, or summat?

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Never heard of it. Is that for accessing Russian brides on TV, or summat?

Marco.
    you got it
    Regards,
    Grant ....

OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10, AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS, TIDAL - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS/VOLUMIO/5V BATTERY - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm Josie.

Sorry... lol

It's a video file format.

It would surprise me if it didn't, just thought I'd ask.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    you got it
    Ha - they should called that Petrushka TV. Bag an old ballet dancer, for a buck!

Marco.

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

I'm Alex.

Yes, it plays just about any video file format. And because OSMC is software, updates should provide support for new codecs. I had WD media center and support for the firmware stopped after two years, resulting in it becoming a door stop as it could not play newer video codecs. Now I just select the video file, press play and off it goes to the telly. Internet radio is great too, just install an app for it. Great Operating System. The only thing missing is support for Netflix apps and a web browser. The OSMC developers are working on it.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by maxrob200 View Post
    Yes, it plays just about any video file format. And because OSMC is software, updates should provide support for new codecs. I had WD media center and support for the firmware stopped after two years, resulting in it becoming a door stop as it could not play newer video codecs. Now I just select the video file, press play and off it goes to the telly. Internet radio is great too, just install an app for it. Great Operating System. The only thing missing is support for Netflix apps and a web browser. The OSMC developers are working on it.
    was wondering if using it connected to the oppo player hdmi in, would work? not sure how it would be controlled tho. oppo remote maybe?
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I'm Alex.

I think it used the HDMI connection to allow use of your TV remote, so maybe your OPPO remote may work as well. I use my TV remote for basic functions but for greater control, I use a wireless keyboard/mouse touch pad to the Pi

Quote Originally Posted by maxrob200 View Post
    Internet radio is great too, just install an app for it. Great Operating System. The only thing missing is support for Netflix apps and a web browser. The OSMC developers are working on it.
    Yup, I use the BBC iPlayer (as an installed add-on), which is great. The result produced sounds WAY better than any digital tuner I've ever used.

Netflix isn't an issue for me, as I can get that via my smart TV or Blu-ray player, and subsequently play any of the movies through my home-cinema system. Isn't technology (sometimes) wonderful?

Marco.

BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12