+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Project VC-S MK2 RCM - Review

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Bigman80 Guest

Default Project VC-S MK2 RCM - Review

Well, you're probably wondering why there's a picture of an Okki Nokki instead of the Pro-Ject VC-S MK2

I'll explain,

The first unit arrived from Juno and was quickly review as being very good. Unfortunately, my very limited experience of RCMs meant I'd not realised there was an issue with the vacuum function. The lps were taking 10 to 20 rotations to remove the cleaning fluid and regardless of adjustment to the platter height, I couldn't get it to function any better.

I returned the unit and a replacement was sent. This one arrived damaged to a corner and I then reluctantly agreed to a partial refund to keep the unit. I set it up and cleaned a couple of records. The vacuum was strong and it was touch dry in 3-4 rotations. However, there was an issue. The spindle was loose. The records rock back and forth and side to side. I contacted Juno and informed them of this. A full refund was offered but no replacement was offered. Obviously they didn't want to keep paying postage in both directions and then having faulty stock to shift so I agreed the refund.

I decided to get some advice on where to go next. The recommendation was the Okki Nokki MK2. I bought one (£435 at HiFiX) and it's cleaned 30 lps without issue. Record is dry on 3 rotations and I'm over the moon with it. Well worth saving up a bit extra.

Everything from the packaging to the build quality is better. I wholeheartedly recommend getting an Okki Nokki.

I won't touch anything else from Pro-Ject. More trouble than it's worth.

Juno.co.uk, were fantastic.
    Last edited by Bigman80; 30-05-2018 at 17:28.

+ Reply to Thread