+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Project VC-S MK2 RCM - Review

I'm Oliver.

Had a chat with the supplier (Juno.co.uk) and they also think that something isn't quite right and have suggested I return it and they will send me a replacement. Very pleased with their attitude and customer service. I'll update the thread when I get the new one!

Thanks for the feedback fellas, I'd have stuck it out as I didn't know any better. Hopefully the new one is up to scratch.
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 MK5 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Bigbottle Jfet MC Valve Phonostage (Telefunken & Tesla Valves)
    Digital: NONE
    Amplification: Nelson Pass DCB1 & Monarchy Audio SM-70 Class A Amplifier
    Cables: Fisual S-Flex Speaker Cable & SPOTFIRE IC Cables & NEW SPOTFIRE Tonearm cable
    Speakers: Pioneer CS-77A

I'm Mike.

I s'pose different machines have different levels of suction, but my VPI 16.5 needs only two rotations max. (and is specified for such). I've found that regardless of individual method adopted, two things are paramount, apart from using enough fluid. The soak (2 minutes +) and the rest after vacuuming to fully dry the record by evaporation (1 min. upwards depending on ambient temp. and fluid mix used).

I'm GettingFunky.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Had a chat with the supplier (Juno.co.uk) and they also think that something isn't quite right and have suggested I return it and they will send me a replacement. Very pleased with their attitude and customer service. I'll update the thread when I get the new one!

Thanks for the feedback fellas, I'd have stuck it out as I didn't know any better. Hopefully the new one is up to scratch.
    I hope it works better than the first one.
    20 rotations is just going to build up static (and wear out the fabric on the arm) in no time.
    Contemplating life, the universe and use of HiFi forums.

Life is too short to worry about the opinion of others.

I'm Oliver.

I agree, Kevin. If it's no better it'll go back and I'll get something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    I hope it works better than the first one.
    20 rotations is just going to build up static (and wear out the fabric on the arm) in no time.
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 MK5 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Bigbottle Jfet MC Valve Phonostage (Telefunken & Tesla Valves)
    Digital: NONE
    Amplification: Nelson Pass DCB1 & Monarchy Audio SM-70 Class A Amplifier
    Cables: Fisual S-Flex Speaker Cable & SPOTFIRE IC Cables & NEW SPOTFIRE Tonearm cable
    Speakers: Pioneer CS-77A

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123