+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Going On A Diet

I'm Andy.

I'm not sure if this helps, but I lost weight by studying what made me eat.

Any reasonably strong emotional stimulus, whether good or bad, sent me to the fridge or the nearest fast food joint. I still do this if I get excited, angry or otherwise animated, but I always have fresh coffee on the go and I hit this first. By the time I'm halfway through a cup, the "spike" in my appetite has passed.

Also, being cold around the house often makes me eat without realising. Since I whacked up the thermostat I'm always on the warm side and rarely snack.

Neither of these may work for others, but then again they just might.

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalsea View Post
    A stone a month sounds like a vey unhealthy amount of weight to loose, even if you both dieted and exercised alot.
    The issue is that some of these diets put your body into what is effectively starvation mode where in order to survive your body starts to consume itself and this is how the weight is lost.

I don’t mean to put you off, just be careful with who you go with.
    Absolutely!!!

To put it in a simple way, half of your weight will be lost due to your body consuming your fat and half of it due to consuming your muscles. Losing half of you heart muscle is never a good idea for men of certain age. Are you sure you need to lose a stone in one month?

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalsea View Post
    ......your body starts to consume itself....
    Quote Originally Posted by alexk0il View Post
    Absolutely!!!

To put it in a simple way, half of your weight will be lost due to your body consuming your fat and half of it due to consuming your muscles. Losing half of you heart muscle is never a good idea for men of certain age. Are you sure you need to lose a stone in one month?
    That's exactly what I want to happen Paul..

Don't worry Alex I will only be on the diet for a maximum of 12 weeks which is the recommendation from the NHS for a VLCD (Very Low Calorie Diet) so it's a quick way to loose quite a bit of weight and then afterwards not going back to the way you used to eat, which is what put the weight on in the first place, but eating a more balanced and healthier diet
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Mike.

Slimming World

Don't need to attend classes we just bought the books and do the recipes, never eaten so much food in my life and lost weight very easily.

It works

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Slimming World

Don't need to attend classes we just bought the books and do the recipes, never eaten so much food in my life and lost weight very easily.

It works
    +1. Some great recipes.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Alan.

Sent you a pm Bev....
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Martin.

Ive been comfort eating and I think the problem is how easy it is to source lots of food that isnt particularly healthy

Ok the responsibility lies with me and I feel much better when I eat healthily.

The problem is im too tempted by family bags of crisps or a reduced bannoffe tart. I then start false regimes where I have cut cheese out but am stuffing myself with fig rolls.

I dont feel I have the time or money to cook properly

I have started a diet today and Ive not eaten anything yet . I just have some tomatoes in the fridge and the summer weather should make me want less. Im going to see what a week of semi fasting does because I was in a shirt and trousers yesterday and simply embarrassed that my stomach is bulging out and my trousers sit uder my belly with belts on the last hole. I feel less bloated today and I can lose weight reasonably quickly.

I sort of want to test how the body uses these fat reserves because it is designed to do that. I will be down to one piece of lean chicken and a tomato to munch.

If we couldnt source all the rubbish we would have to put more effort into eating healthy and I think we just wouldnt eat as much. I think there is an argument to say the food industry needs more regulation that Jamies sugar tax. They will produce any old rubbish if it makes a profit. You cant tell me that a lot of it is in any way healthy

I'm James.

Just cut back on the sugar and booze,that's a hard one for me,and go for a good walk 5 days a week,job done
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Grant.

body is inclined to have a go at your muscle tho. starvation diets aint good unless theres a medical reason. do away with red meat, fatty stuff, and use olive oil etc. plenty veg, and fibre. dont snack.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    body is inclined to have a go at your muscle tho. starvation diets aint good unless theres a medical reason. do away with red meat, fatty stuff, and use olive oil etc. plenty veg, and fibre. dont snack.
    No steak or butter??? Mmm steak with garlic butter
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast