+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Phonostage Bake-Off - 08/07/18 - Penkridge *NOW CONFIRMED*

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Digna phono stage
    [IMG]image by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/162281319@N03/]J[/IMG]
    This is a great find. Not as fullsome as the other valve based units but an excellent sounding stage.

Apparently, dropping in the V5 Burson fills the sound a bit.

I'm Nial.

+1

I'm Nial.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    I thought this and the Krell sounded great together.
    +1

I'm Alan.

Its a V6 Burson actually in the Digna.

I'm Mike.

Sounds like a great deal of clean, wholesome fun was had by all Bonza result !

I'd be happy to contribute with my Remton 383 MkII next time round, if there's any interest.
    Less bling, more integrity ©Spenagio

I'm John.

Thank you for the Day out, it was great to take part, as well as have a few hours gassing with Stoyan, we don't get to meet a great deal due to work and the like.
    Stoyan is a forum member, so he can be contacted, I'll tell him to check his notifications. I don't know the forums he visits, they are in his native tongue, I believe.
    The day out for me beyond the social gathering, and it was sociable and very friendly was to assess the DIGNA.
    For me, where I am now, the DIGNA is ideal, It has another 90 hours of performing before it is run in, so I have a great excuse to give the new 845's a blast as well.
    In the field trial it did its thing, it got my attention, it separated the players and allowed a deep uncoloured insight into the soundstage.
    For the outlay I will sleep at night unconcerned.
    I have discovered today, it has a few options to roll valves under its belt.
    E88CC, ECC88, 6DJ8, PCC88, 7DJ8 and 6922 are all compatible.
    So with a V5 and the above, plenty can be done to tune to ones desires.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Its a V6 Burson actually in the Digna.
    Yes mate but the V5 is smoother.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
    Thank you for the Day out, it was great to take part, as well as have a few hours gassing with Stoyan, we don't get to meet a great deal due to work and the like.
    Stoyan is a forum member, so he can be contacted, I'll tell him to check his notifications. I don't know the forums he visits, they are in his native tongue, I believe.
    The day out for me beyond the social gathering, and it was sociable and very friendly was to assess the DIGNA.
    For me, where I am now, the DIGNA is ideal, It has another 90 hours of performing before it is run in, so I have a great excuse to give the new 845's a blast as well.
    In the field trial it did its thing, it got my attention, it separated the players and allowed a deep uncoloured insight into the soundstage.
    For the outlay I will sleep at night unconcerned.
    I have discovered today, it has a few options to roll valves under its belt.
    E88CC, ECC88, 6DJ8, PCC88, 7DJ8 and 6922 are all compatible.
    So with a V5 and the above, plenty can be done to tune to ones desires.
    It's a great find mate.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Idlewithnodrive View Post
    Sounds like a great deal of clean, wholesome fun was had by all Bonza result !

I'd be happy to contribute with my Remton 383 MkII next time round, if there's any interest.
    Definitely!

I'm Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by Ammonite Acoustics View Post
    Is that an actual EAR 834 phono stage, or a clone?
    It’s a real one mate that’s been modded, the previous owner changed the front plate
    Vinyl rig 1 - NAS Spacedeck / FR64s / Lab 12 Melto / Denon SUT / Ortofon GM SPU. Vinyl rig 2 Mono Set Up - Lenco GL75 c/w Jelco 750D / AT33 Mono / EAR 834P Modded. Amplifiers - Audio Note Empress Silver / Hattor Passive Pre. Digital - Fanless Mini PC / Lampizator TRP / Linear PSU / Hummingboard Network audio adaptor. Speakers - Horns.pl Mummy's. Cables are Audio Note / Albedo / Furutech Speaker wire. Power conditioner is a Gigawatt PC2 EVO

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast